VIC Rubicon free Campground Kendalls A

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Rubicon in Vic, Kendalls camp A.
This campground is accessible by 2wd vehicles and can get busy in peak periods and long weekends.

This area is also popular with 4wd's and dirtbikes as there is plenty of oppurtunities to head into the surrounding forest ares using the campground as a base.

Long drop toilets are also located at the campgrounds.
http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/__data/as..._-_Kendalls_Camping_and_Day_Visitor_Areas.pdf
The above link states that the campground is inaccessible for caravans but we had no problem and there were other vans also there.
204.jpg

239.jpg

242.jpg

240.jpg

Reactions: Lisao

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
A few things to see in the area include an old trestle bridge. An old hut is also in the area but very hard to find called Whiskey Creek Hut.

The Rubicon Valley is also a catchment area for a Hydro electric power station.
266.jpg

265.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I thought I would update this thread since we have been there a few times since and show one of the walking tracks that links the campgrounds and looks over the main campground.
027.jpg

034.jpg

There is also a track that leads up to a lookout called Morris Lookout which over looks the town of Eildon and towards the Eildon dam wall amd spillway. I think its seasonally closed and a 4x4 is requiered to visit the lookout due to the condition of the track needing a high clearance vehicle
119.jpg

117.jpg