17' Series Roof mount A/C fault

Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Hello fellow members. Ive just arrived in narrandera on our way to sydney and just found that my roof mount a/c will not turn on. Its like it has now power. Ive looked for a powerpoint and circuit breaker but have had no luck. Any ideas??.
Thanks a bunch
Dan

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
Do you definitely have mains getting into the van? In our basestation we have a circuit breaker for the 240v which in ours is next to the gas switch for the hot water and is with our control panel.

We also have some fuses down low on the display which has led lights that show if we are on battery or mains, from memory they are all for 12v stuff but check that the indicator for mains is lit up (if your van has that.) as if the mains isn't getting in it won't matter how many switches you flick (don't ask but I got caught out with a defective caravan park power point and nearly went crazy before I found that the supply was the problem.......:crazy:)

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
I don't have any other ideas Dan, I'm not sure if our ac is hard wired or if it plugs into a power point in some out of the way cupboard so I can't help with that.

Another silly question, if you are using a remote does it have flat batteries?

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi my @Daniel Peterson ,
I had a similar issue with my Journey pop top at Christmas. What I found was that one of the cables had pulled out of the junction box where the wiring from the roof connects to the caravan. It was poorly connected by Jayco and came out when the roof was raised. I would advise to have it checked by a qualified person.
What model A/C do you have?

Reactions: Delano and Drover
Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Cheers for that. I will check when we pull up. Ours is a sparrow roof mount. I found the junction point in the top cupboard so ill check it before i plug in to the 240 mains.
Cheers

Reactions: Delano
Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
Ok the junction points near the eoof are all good, surley there must be a fail safe or circuit breaker in the system..... could it be in the actual unit?

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
From memory there is a connector between the control panel and the control board, maybe they have separated? I guess if all the connections are good, you may have a faulty A/C unit. You should be able to download a manual for your A/C. It will show you how it is installed and pulled apart.i used to have one but can't find it. If you remove the cover to check the control panel connection, MAKE sure you have power turned off in the van. How old is it?
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: Delano and dagree
Apr 6, 2015
mt barker sa
From memory there is a connector between the control panel and the control board, maybe they have separated? I guess if all the connections are good, you may have a faulty A/C unit. You should be able to download a manual for your A/C. It will show you how it is installed and pulled apart.i used to have one but can't find it. If you remove the cover to check the control panel connection, MAKE sure you have power turned off in the van. How old is it?
Cheers
Nick
Thanks Nick. Its a 2012. Ive checked the connector at the control panal and it is ok. Yeh i will disconnect the 240 whilst playing around. There is no reset button on the remote though. I would have thought there would have been a safty switch for it somewhere

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
With the trumas there a small hole in the remote sencor you stick a pen in there to over ride the remote ?????? Dont know if yours has that