Roll Out Awning Water Problem

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
Has anyone else here had problems with water coming out of the drum for the roll out awning? As you can see here it is pouring out of the hole for the annex pole but how does it get in the drum to start off with?
image.jpg

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
Can't it get in on either end, or even the groove where you slide in annexe. I always have one end lower than the other to let it run out

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi Angus,

Have you got your drum wound too far around, I thought you had to have it (the hole and the track for the annex) a bit more towards the 3 o'clock position, that way the water wont run out the hole?

Dave

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
If you been driving in rain it can force its way in around the drum ends they aint water tight though that does seem alot and Ive never add that happen (no annex though). Even the awning itself will get wet driving in rain, Guessing if you had rain while set up it's in getting somewhere on the seem where the vinyl meets the drum.
I've packed mine up dry rolled it out a week later with no rain and it soaked, they sweat when rolled up.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
Im away in Qld in mine at the moment and after it rained the other night the roller pole dripped for a day, no extra fittings on mine so not sure where it got in.