QLD road condition

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Hi to all the well travelled, planning a short queensland loop shortly, has any one travelled the Gladstone to Monto road recently,according to wiki camps some good spots along that road but very little current info on road conditions between Many Peaks and Monto some older info on different sites nothing recent .would be travelling from Gladstone down to Monto , we have contacted the local council but no reply yet thanks

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
revised trip plan rocky point retreat via Gin Gin to Tirroan hotel look at Boolboonda Rail tunnel to Wolca reserve to Mt Perry caravan park then down to the highway via Three moons to MONTO, gold , timber and mountains then maybe some more fishing at Cania dam after i eat all the fish i caught in Baffle Creek ,washed down with the bundy rum and ginger beer we purchased on the way through bundy

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Baffle Creek is not as quiet as it used to be, and drifting around in my canoe can be trying when the water rats come screaming around on their jet skis doing donuts etc. ahhh for the peace and quiet before drones, jetskis, trailbikes and shudder!!!! generators running all day and night,oh well lucky bundy special reserve deadens the sound and calms the sand fly bites, i could start a spirited debate going on why some rvs leave the push and shove of their city existence to go to a quiet camp ground and run a cheap noisy generator all hours to run all the appliances that were in their city residence, and its almost the end of civilisation if they can get 99 tv channels i am going to hide now

Reactions: chartrock and DRW