16' Series Remote Caravan Mover

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
Hi,

I own a 2016 Expanda 16.49.4 and have built a garage which has a real tight parking position for the van. The entry includes a bit of a rise as well.

In the investigation phase to see what 'value for money' preferably entry level style remote control caravan mover people can recommend?

I have an Outback with a Trigg hitch.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the options are endless
how much.... depends on which type

I dont have one myself, so not 100% on how good they are or not

I have seen the type that has a motor on each wheel (sits behind the axle) seems to work ok, but there is a weight disadvantage to it being permanently fitted

the ones that your jockey wheel fit into, seems to be a better value for money - as long as you remember to keep it charged

Reactions: Crusty181

Paul 123

Feb 25, 2017
Ballarat
the options are endless
how much.... depends on which type

I dont have one myself, so not 100% on how good they are or not

I have seen the type that has a motor on each wheel (sits behind the axle) seems to work ok, but there is a weight disadvantage to it being permanently fitted

the ones that your jockey wheel fit into, seems to be a better value for money - as long as you remember to keep it charged

Paul 123

Feb 25, 2017
Ballarat
Hi David
I have a 16.49.4 as well I move my van with a min mover new 4 yrs ago was $230 attaches to the jockey wheel l have a 400 mm rise on my block to put it in the shed and is still working well. Need sometimes to track it on wood to give the wheel traction in the grass when wet. On concrete works verry well. Need to plug it into 12 v for power. Not remote but there is a leaver on it to guide it and forward and reverse buttons Selling it with my van at the moment 10/10 for price and practical . Buying a bigger van . Any more info needed message me

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
Hi David
I have a 16.49.4 as well I move my van with a min mover new 4 yrs ago was $230 attaches to the jockey wheel l have a 400 mm rise on my block to put it in the shed and is still working well. Need sometimes to track it on wood to give the wheel traction in the grass when wet. On concrete works verry well. Need to plug it into 12 v for power. Not remote but there is a leaver on it to guide it and forward and reverse buttons Selling it with my van at the moment 10/10 for price and practical . Buying a bigger van . Any more info needed message me
Hi Paul thanks for suggestion definately like that orice Level. Not keen on a permanent fixed one