Rcd tripping

Gruntawat

Sep 21, 2013
Banora point
Hi there new to tread and expanda went camping on weekend at kingscliff weather turn bad had rain water enter though vent behind fridge and lost mains power rcd keeps tripping have 12 volt still do u think will dry out or should I take to jayco

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Straight back to dealer, you shouldn't be getting water in the fridge vent no matter how bad the weather, vent must not be sealed/fitted properly

Benando

Oct 31, 2013
I have just taken delivery of my expanda, has anyone else notice the jumble of wires and joiners under the starboard side in the chassis? I thought it looked dodgy, I was going to heat Shrink them all.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I have just taken delivery of my expanda, has anyone else notice the jumble of wires and joiners under the starboard side in the chassis? I thought it looked dodgy, I was going to heat Shrink them all.

you mean the ones covered by a thin tin plate, then yep they are all like that.

Benando

Oct 31, 2013
I don't have any plate, I just look into the frame and they are there, I guess they're just 12v one would hope. I work I. The marine industry and these exposed goes against every thing I know

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
These wire were originally were "protected" by a piece of tinplate in front and bent under the rats nest of wires and connectors. A number of members have sorted out the problem in various ways. Here is my solution.
Wiring box.jpg

Reactions: Xpandafan