QLD Quilpie - The Lake

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Info: This is a working property just outside of Quilpie, providing camping by a large lake on their property.

Pets: Yes but on lead.

Pool: In town.

Cabins: No.

WiFi: No

Mobile/TV: Telstra 4G, ......TV good signal.

Facitities: The property has showers, toilets and potable water, camp kitchen and bar..... 6 powered sites are available at the amenities area, unpowered sites with use of facilities are provided on the eastern side of the lake about 500yds from amenities area while unpowered sites without us eof amenities are provided on the western side of the Lake...... 3 types of fee's for these sites........ township is about 4 kms away.....

Comments: its a good set up, the Lake is large with fishing and kayaking possible, no need to be camping on top of each other.... powered sites are good and a short walk to ammenities....... The town of Quilpie has fuel, supermarket x 2, butchers, chemist and doctors, a very good information centre..

TheLakeQuilpie02.jpg

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Just heard from my mate,toren tial rain at Quilpie last night,himself and four other vans stuck at a free camp by the river.Some roads out closed.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I looked at the radar and was thinking I'm home, I'm glad I missed it all.... I should do a report about the River Camp its not too bad, of course any rain out there means youve gotta be quick or stuck.