17' Series Questions about my 2014 expanda hws.

Jojo75

Aug 8, 2017
Adelaide
Hi I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with 2 questions about my hws.
1. How do I know how many Litres it holds? I cant find any indication on the unit. ( I need to know if it's at least 20lt as I am wanting to run a heater off of it)
2. Looking for the capacity I found an electrical cord that is not plugged in. Does this mean it can also run on mains? I thought it ran on gas only and have been doing so since I bought it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

willobee

Apr 8, 2015
Perth
Hi @Jojo75
I cant confirm the volume for you but it would be in the ballpark of 20 L.
Certainly takes quite a bit.

It is gas, and electric 240V
When you open the outside cover there should be a small insignificant switch in the bottom left corner which may or may not have electric written near it.
I have only ever tested mine as I find gas to be much easier (can start from inside)
Hope this helps

Reactions: Jojo75

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with 2 questions about my hws.
1. How do I know how many Litres it holds? I cant find any indication on the unit. ( I need to know if it's at least 20lt as I am wanting to run a heater off of it)
2. Looking for the capacity I found an electrical cord that is not plugged in. Does this mean it can also run on mains? I thought it ran on gas only and have been doing so since I bought it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If its the same as my 2014 HWS is 22 Litres and runs on both 240v and LPG.

You can also run it on both 240v and LPG at the same time. We often do this when at caravan parks so it reheats quicker when multiple people are wanting to use the shower one after the other.

In addition to the power point where it plugs in, there is a small black power switch that you access from the metal hatch on the outside of the unit. We just leave the outside switch on all the time, and use the switch on the power point inside to switch the 240v on and off (make sure the water is connected and tank has been filled before turning on the electric element, as it will burn out if turned on with the tank empty)

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
I have the manuals for mine. I also live in Adelaide if you want to come over and go through van setup

Jojo75

Aug 8, 2017
Adelaide
Thanks so much for your replies. You were right about the capacity, I found a sticker with the litres when looking for the electrical switch outside (it's 22.6 lt). Base23 I'm hoping to put in a swift ecotherm. We have the reverse cycle but it cuts out at 4 degrees in heating mode so want something for those cold nights (and also something we can use free camping).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellbirdweb