Prodigy P2 display whilst driving

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Not sure if any other forum users have the Prodigy P2 but noticed whilst driving there are numbers showing up instead of just the 'c'

Could this mean the brakes are engaging whilst driving ?

Pretty sure I only ever had numbers come up when depressing the brake and it showed the power out put

Any thoughts...cheers

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I have a P3. It shows 0.0 whilst driving and then the number increases as the pedal is depressed (eg. 3.0-7.0). On my model, anything above 0.0 would indicate that the brakes are engaging.

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Yeah that's what I'm thinking...auto sparky needs to come back

There's no grab when I manual adjust when on 0.0...

Cheers

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I had the p2 in the Pathy and it only displayed 'c' whilst driving. No numbers appeared until the brake was touched.
How high are the numbers whilst driving? Is it a constant number, or does it change?

paulie484

Apr 12, 2012
Perth WA
Yeah always ran with just a c before so trying to work if just me

Will get sparky to review, he just sorted the Anderson plug last so maybe somethings gone a miss

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
yep runs C when connected and numbers that change as you are breaking showing the power sent top the brakes

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
I've got a P3 have found I get strange readings and braking when it is mounted too vertical. Once you get the unit back to 60 degrees or less the problem goes away.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I've got a P3 have found I get strange readings and braking when it is mounted too vertical. Once you get the unit back to 60 degrees or less the problem goes away.

When you say vertical, do you mean flipped and mounted on its side? That is the way mine is mounted and it has never missed a beat.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
When you say vertical, do you mean flipped and mounted on its side? That is the way mine is mounted and it has never missed a beat.
Hi brad,
What do you mean on it's side, my auto elect said it had to sit flat and aligned with direction of travel. Angle up or down was ok, but not on it's side. Interesting.
Jas

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi brad,
What do you mean on it's side, my auto elect said it had to sit flat and aligned with direction of travel. Angle up or down was ok, but not on it's side. Interesting.
Jas

I bought mine a few years back at the Melbourne caravan show. I clearly remember the salesman saying it can be mounted on its side and the prodigy is the only one that can. That being said, now I want to do a quick google search and reconfirm....
Although the brake controller has been mounted like this for more than 2 years and has never missed a beat.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Thanks Jason. Looking at images on google I think I have the P2. And instructions state a max of 70 degrees on its side is allowed for installing.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
All good on trip home...might be a dodgy connection

Will keep an eye on it next time

Cheers

On one trip I kept getting odd displays, inc NC. After a few days, I finally found the cause. Turned out the wire going to one of the vans brakes had gotten damaged (looked like it had hooked on something). Repaired that and no problems again...