Pressure Problems??

BMWTAL

Apr 26, 2013
Townsville
I have a 18.57.9 and I've already done a dozen mods to get it to what I call, operational. One I'm yet to figure out is the lack of mains pressure into the van (particular for the internal and external showers). I have good mains pressure but this does not convert to good pressure in the van. I can understand having restricted pressure from the tanks but mains I thought it should be nearly the same (maybe a little less). Does anyone know if there is a pressure valve or a inline 'water saver' restricting flow (I've looked)?

Ben

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
G'day
I had the same problem with our van, We had more pressure from the pump than on the mains.
Our problem was with the pressure regulator under the van , It has a gauze mesh on the inlet side
I removed it cleaned it and put it back in and now it's all good
Cheers Cris

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Hi
clean it .... yes ...... never remove it from operation tho ...... if removed and you blow a fitting off behind your shower or sink you are up for costly repairs as those fittings require a shower of sink removal for access. at least 10hrs labour for some showers ..... thats a $1000 at most dealerships for a start and warranty won't cover it

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
G'day
I had the same problem with our van, We had more pressure from the pump than on the mains.
Our problem was with the pressure regulator under the van , It has a gauze mesh on the inlet side
I removed it cleaned it and put it back in and now it's all good
Cheers Cris
Dumb question....where is it under the van? What does it look like..photo?

Aussiecris

Jun 11, 2012
Umina Beach
G'day
Mine was under the van just in front of the water connection / fill point
I googled it and found the exact model that someone has remembered to take photos with it apart
if you look at the disassembled photo you can see the gauze on the very left is clogged, you need a little pair of circlip pliers to remove it.

M4827_1__TN600x450.jpg
M4827_2__TN600x450.jpg