Prado tow weight increase

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Wow!!!! Would like to hear more about this. Certainly would put purchasing a new 17.56.2 on te cards in the future. Wonder if any toyota warranties would be voided....

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Wonder if any toyota warranties would be voided....

The answer would undoubtedly be yes.

I had a 2" lift done on my 100 series, and there was an issue with the cracking of one of the front wishbones.

Toyota tried to blame the lift and not fix under warranty.

In the end they did fix it, but only after much jumping up and down. Subsequently there was a recall on them for the same problem, which I suspect was the reason they relented in my case.

So Toyota's (and any other manufacturer I think) would be to void the warranty (on the suspension components) if you had them changed.

They might even try and void the warranty totally, but have fought and won on that before where the modification isn't related to the fault, but they would certainly try and wipe their hands.

Cheyne78

May 30, 2014
Perth
This would be great, as above would bring the 17.56.2 model back onto the table, but wonder if this would be possible for us folk over here in WA.
Hi @burnsie . Ive just emailed him to ask the same question and will let you know the response. We are 113kg over weight and would prefer to upgrade than change a perfectly good vehicle over (other than it being sluggish) at least it would now be legal and insured.....

Reactions: dagree and burnsie

Ss--ss

Jun 16, 2014
Hills district, Sydney
I can't understand why the Prado is limited to 2.5t .. I tow just under 2t & seems to do it with ease. I wonder if you upgrade the shocks or other components if you could get a certificate to increase the capacity.. Although having said all that I'd love an excuse to get a landcruiser :)

Reactions: Kenshi123

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I can't understand why the Prado is limited to 2.5t .. I tow just under 2t & seems to do it with ease. I wonder if you upgrade the shocks or other components if you could get a certificate to increase the capacity.. Although having said all that I'd love an excuse to get a landcruiser :)
I would think that maybe Toyota would like you to buy the larger units they have on offer other wise their sales may suffer