Just Browsing Pop top misalignment and back struts come off

Tobyt

Oct 3, 2021
Goughs Bay
Hi Everyone, new to this site and recently bought a 2008 Jayco 14ft expander. Been using it a lot and loving it but had a issue with alignment when pulling the pop top down. It was pulling forward and to the awning side when pulling down and now both back end struts have come off. Anyone have this experience and any tips to fix it myself. Eg new struts.

Attachments

• 646E6B51-F8CC-4187-9CD1-9C2290013EB7.jpeg
    646E6B51-F8CC-4187-9CD1-9C2290013EB7.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Welcome to the group @Tobyt , I have had this happen and posted my fix Here ........... In addition make sure you give the knuckles and shaft a bit of lube like Lannox or something and lube the others as well.......... Be careful as if they slip they move very, very fast............. For later use measure the strut from centre of ball to centre of ball at full extend as well as the numbers you should find stamped on them, if you do need new ones then you won;t have to stuff around, I have been using Gas Stryt Guys for a few decades, Ebay or their web site, good gear, good prices and no delays in ordering, they will even answer the phone or emails .....https://www.gasstrutguys.com.au/