please point me in the right direction

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
hello one and all great site and looks to be a even better bunch of people.

my name is chris and im looking at upgrading the jayco eagle to a full van and have come across the Kokoda Battalion all the bunka
but can only find a few pictures on there web site I also see that they have some thing to do with kingdom vans?

I am just looking for some feed back on either van as im in the market for a bunk van as I have a family

any feed back pictures would be great.

thanks in advance

chris

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
jayco have a few that may suit and are made by jayco but others can be made by many different companies so this can make things tricky service wise if something goes wrong with the van ???? how big is your family we have family's of all sizes in many different vans whats your tow car how big a van do you want just 2 bunks or more ???????

Last edited:

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
Hi bluey
Yes I've seen the jayco range thanks
Tow truck is a 150 but also looking at a bt
Family of 4 so looking at 2 bunks
Size of van 18 to 22 foot looking for shower etc

Looking to see if there is any one on here with experience of a Kokoda all owns one

Cheers

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi bluey
Yes I've seen the jayco range thanks
Tow truck is a 150 but also looking at a bt
Family of 4 so looking at 2 bunks
Size of van 18 to 22 foot looking for shower etc

Looking to see if there is any one on here with experience of a Kokoda all owns one

Cheers
mmmm don't know I did look at them maybe price or something kept me away or weight cant remember I do think many company's put hands on them when being built unless im wrong so if you have a problem na we didn't do that go see them so a bit of chasseing I don't really know just what ive heard if im wrong ok but look right into them is that a 150 prado there vans do look nice

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I thought jayco was ok for my weight but once you get weighed correctly you find out quick there heavy in some cases there plates can be way out interested to know how you go with Kadoka mite sell mine and get one of them ??????????? I have a 1756-2 2014 out back

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
Looking at the 18foot bunks or the 21 battalion

I have a mate that has had the battalion for a few months and loves it can fault it and weights came in at under 2 tonne empty looks to be a whole lot of van for the money

But I like to research right into things before I put down the coin that's why I'm looking around to see if others have seen all herd any feed back

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Looking at the 18foot bunks or the 21 battalion

I have a mate that has had the battalion for a few months and loves it can fault it and weights came in at under 2 tonne empty looks to be a whole lot of van for the money

But I like to research right into things before I put down the coin that's why I'm looking around to see if others have seen all herd any feed back
as I said interested to know your findings others will come up with something im sure but ball weights and how much payload ??

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We looked at the Battalion before we just got the 22 Starcraft. They cost almost the same, although we have some extras in the Starcraft like Gas bayonet, underslung, washing machine, external entertainment system.
I liked the club lounge in the Kokoda although less bench space. With the Starcraft I like the kids down the back of the van away from the door.. We sit outside at night so go in and out the door for things.

You read good and bad regarding warranty with Kokoda. The one I saw in the flesh was made by Cosy Cabs the other I rang about was Kingdom. I do wonder how the warranty works I assume you go to Kingdom/Cosy Cabs instead of Kokoda.
You would hope seeing there name is on the plate they would make it as well as they could. Although then you think these are made for a cost and Kokokda is taking a cut and the the Kokoda dealer as well so who knows. We never had problems with warranty issues with our last Jayco so we brought floor stock interstate.
JB and crusader caravans worth a look as well.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Can someone translate this please. :bolt:
ok jaycos have a few ones that would suit only jayco make there vans other companies can get many people to make there vans

sorry if I confused any one upon reading this I confused myself dose that make more sense @peterg

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
ok jaycos have a few ones that would suit only jayco make there vans other companies can get many people to make there vans

sorry if I confused any one upon reading this I confused myself dose that make more sense @peterg
I gathered that's what you meant, I just couldn't resist having a poke at it though.

Reactions: dagree

Where to next

Aug 25, 2015
Melbourne
My parents have a Kokoda and are extremely happy with it. My Dad is the type of person that does a lot of homework before buying big investments like cars and caravans etc. They have travelled with the van on two big trips along with some smaller ones that in total have possibly covered nearly 20,000 km's and have not had any problems. The van would be about 18 months old now. As @Bluey has commented there are many different caravan companies that build the Kokoda caravans. Depending on the company I am sure that the build quality and follow up customer service would vary. My Parents bought theirs through a company I'm Bayswater. They have been happy enough with their service that they have recommended others to the same company. Do your homework on the company that you are planning to order your van through, if you are happy and comfortable with them, then go for it.

Hope this helps!