Plastic taste in water.

Macropod

Sep 5, 2013
Cordeaux Heights, NSW
Help. We have a relatively new 20.63.1 using a BEST water filter and Flat Out drinking water hose. We dont use the tanks - mains water only. There is a nasty plastic taste to the water - if we let the tap run for a minute or two it goes away. Added to that - we have poor water pressure (an earlier thread might have given me the solution to that problem). Has anyone had taste problems with the flat out hoses ? It appears to be worse on hot days - so possibly from the hose laying in the sun ?? Any wise words would be appreciated.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I'm thinking the filter probably wont remove the plasticy taste.

I've not owned one of the flat out hoses but noe trick is to fill it with water and leave it in the sun as long as possible. Flush then repeat.
Apparently that can help remove a plastic taste from a hose.

Good luck

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
bought a "drinking water hose" from a large franchise place and all you could taste and smell in the water was a horrible plastic taste. Bought a different one from somewhere else and no bad taste. I'd try a different hose.

thomo67

Oct 30, 2012
i had the same from a hose i bought from bunnings i returned it and bought a hose from the caravan shop no more problems

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Got my white food grade hose from eBay, had no problem with taste of water with it. Heaps cheaper than caravan shops and bunnings etc.

Last edited: