17' Series Pics of sail tracks on 2015 expand a storm flys

DannyB

Jan 15, 2015
Hi, I am putting storm flys on my expanda and Jayco say they don't come with install instructions. If anyone has some pic of how/where to install sail tracks would be appreciated.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the first 2 are from @dagree to show where the press studs go
the rest are of mine fitted

Bed End 010.jpg

bed end.jpg

you can also see the different way that I fitted the track compared to @dagree

IMAG0698a.jpg

IMAG0699a.jpg

IMAG0700a.jpg

IMAG0701a.jpg

IMAG0702a.jpg

IMAG0703a.jpg

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
I removed the rubber sealing strip from the hard lid caver laid down a liberal amount of silicone attached the sail track then put the rubber seal back on, no drilling holes in the van this way:eagerness:
20151123_103138 - Copy.jpg

Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Quick question please.

Did you use plastic or metal sail track?

and ....any type of silicone?

Axl

Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane/Bayside
Quick question please.

Did you use plastic or metal sail track?

and ....any type of silicone?

Plastic @Dobbie they came with the cover and I just used a Selly's clear silicone cant remember exactly what but nothing special. Once silicone has gone off it sticks like you know what to a blanket, it is very secure.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks @Axl . Much appreciated.

I preferred the plastic and just discovered The Shade Centre at Brendale has it, and we'd already found the non horticultural shade cloth there as well, so that's convenient....and relatively close to home.

Also have the Kedor (?) sail rope tape so we're ready to make and fit our privacy screens.

We're going to:
use an old tarp as a template, use the sail track, sew the rope to the tarp and adjust till we're happy with fit. Then make it up from the special shade cloth and do the same with heavier stuff for weather protection.

Just like a Jayco! I hope. Without the windows!

While we're on a roll, we'll use the sail track on the road side of the van, add the cord so one of our coast to coast side walls can be used as a fridge awning.

and I have to eat my words about " that other forum" as I found there were many helpful suggestions.

My tail is now between my legs....and I'll refrain from being a sanctimonious GOF.

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree and bigcol