Pandemic positive

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The Aussie G'Day Group (owners of Discovery Parks) has recently spent up big and among other things have purchased El Questro, Kings Canyon Resort, Glen Helen Resort (now thats an oxymoron), and the MacDonnell Ranges c/park to add to their impressive stable

I absolutely love El Questro, it's one of my many of my number one destinations .... but it's always grated on me that one of my favourite iconic Aussie destinations was owned by overseas interests. Welcome home El Questro.

By all accounts Delaware North, the Nth American giant that previously owned El Questro, must have been haemorrhaging coin and couldnt get rid of it fast enough. Apparently the 700,000 acre Aussie icon was scooped up for around $15mill .... which beyond a Covid world is an unbelievable incredibly good buy. Imagine carving that up into 500sqmtr housing blocks at $500k ea. In case your wondering, almost $3trillion.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
The Aussie G'Day Group (owners of Discovery Parks) has recently spent up big and among other things have purchased El Questro, Kings Canyon Resort, Glen Helen Resort (now thats an oxymoron), and the MacDonnell Ranges c/park to add to their impressive stable

I absolutely love El Questro, it's one of my many of my number one destinations .... but it's always grated on me that one of my favourite iconic Aussie destinations was owned by overseas interests. Welcome home El Questro.

By all accounts Delaware North, the Nth American giant that previously owned El Questro, must have been haemorrhaging coin and couldnt get rid of it fast enough. Apparently the 700,000 acre Aussie icon was scooped up for around $15mill .... which beyond a Covid world is an unbelievable incredibly good buy. Imagine carving that up into 500sqmtr housing blocks at $500k ea. In case your wondering, almost $3trillion.
the only hard part is being allowed to travel there .
aust owned is always good

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.

Bought Wikicamps App also.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hope they don't stuff the WiKi Camps app up, most of these great apps once someone buys them, thats it they turn to just adds, would like to go to El Questro but a 4 day stay at about near $70 a day more than this fella can put up.......

Reactions: Johnanbev

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hope they don't stuff the WiKi Camps app up, most of these great apps once someone buys them, thats it they turn to just adds, would like to go to El Questro but a 4 day stay at about near $70 a day more than this fella can put up.......
When we were there if you only stayed a few days you got right royally skinned, and you may as well fly to Vegas and stay in the Presidential suite at the Bellagio. The costs per day were very high and that was topped off with some BS Conservation permit. But when you stay longer that permit rort evens out and the day rate drops significantly, so overall the 8 or so days we had at El Questro wasnt too bad at all and certainly no more expensive than anywhere else up there. Its all relative re the costs, none of them are cheap, but it was ultimately less than we paid for a paddock with little else on other Stations. El Questro is truly a breathtaking and unique place .... where you can easily spend a week or even two. Id guess the list of folk who wished they'd never gone there would be pretty short.

The website is $44/night 1 April - 11 June 2021 & 31 August - 23 October 2021. That may well be the new G'Day pricing, the website is badge'd G'Day now

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When we were there if you only stayed a few days you got right royally skinned, and you may as well fly to Vegas and stay in the Presidential suite at the Bellagio. The costs per day were very high and that was topped off with some BS Conservation permit. But when you stay longer that permit rort evens out and the day rate drops significantly, so overall the 8 or so days we had at El Questro wasnt too bad at all and certainly no more expensive than anywhere else up there. Its all relative re the costs, none of them are cheap, but it was ultimately less than we paid for a paddock with little else on other Stations. El Questro is truly a breathtaking and unique place .... where you can easily spend a week or even two. Id guess the list of folk who wished they'd never gone there would be pretty short.

The website is $44/night 1 April - 11 June 2021 & 31 August - 23 October 2021. That may well be the new G'Day pricing, the website is badge'd G'Day now

I did notice that when I had a squiz, looked at it , per head cost always means we are going to squeeze you a bit and noticed a week or so the price drops then I saw the $40/head permit per week and thought stuff that .......... Been around that country it doesn't change much unless someone has a dozer....

You drive for bloody miles to camp at some BYO place and they charge like a wounded bull and folk pay the amount and think they are getting a good deal and this place is better than some, no wonder tourist are looked at as fair game, just look at the gougers on the coastal parks, my ears bleed when folk tell me the good deal they got with 2 adults and a couple of kids, hell often its more than our weekly pension...... ranting sorry...........

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
the Big 4 in Harrington NSW is now a Discovery Park.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I did notice that when I had a squiz, looked at it , per head cost always means we are going to squeeze you a bit and noticed a week or so the price drops then I saw the $40/head permit per week and thought stuff that .......... Been around that country it doesn't change much unless someone has a dozer....

You drive for bloody miles to camp at some BYO place and they charge like a wounded bull and folk pay the amount and think they are getting a good deal and this place is better than some, no wonder tourist are looked at as fair game, just look at the gougers on the coastal parks, my ears bleed when folk tell me the good deal they got with 2 adults and a couple of kids, hell often its more than our weekly pension...... ranting sorry...........
It is pretty good ... just say'in ;)

images.jpeg-8.jpg

images.jpeg-7.jpg

images.jpeg-5.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic

Pricing​

1 April - 11 June 2021 & 31 August - 23 October 2021

Adults

Children (5-15 years)

Families (2 adults and up to 3 children under 15 years old). Additional children are $8 each.

Black Cockatoo Unpowered Campground
$22 per adult per night$9 per child $59 per family per night

Black Cockatoo Powered Campground
$33 per adult per night$9 per child$79 per family per night

Private Riverside Bush
Camping
$30 per adult per night$9 per child$70 per family per night

Station Tents

$175 per tent per night (maximum occupancy: 2 people)
ComplimentaryN/A

12 June - 30 August 2021

Adults

Children (5 -15 years)

Families (2 adults and up to 3 children under 15 years old).
Additional children are $9 each.

Black Cockatoo Unpowered Campground
$24 per adult per night$10 per child $69 per family per night

Black Cockatoo Powered Campground
$36 per adult per night$10 per child$89 per family per night

Private Riverside Bush
Camping
$32 per adult per night$10 per child$80 per family per night

Station Tents

$175 per tent per night (maximum occupancy: 2 people)
ComplimentaryN/A

Save 15% when you stay 4 nights or longer - per person rates only and cannot be combined with family discounts. Does not apply to the Station Tents.

Please note, guests and campers are required to purchase a Visitor Permit. These are $22 per adult and $11 per child aged 5-15 years. Visitor permits are valid for 7 days or day passes can be purchased for $12 per adult and $5 per child. Children aged 4 and below are complimentary.

Your El Questro Visitor Permit will be automatically added during the online booking process.

El Questro Visitor Permit​

Here at El Questro, we are committed to protecting this beautiful and ancient landscape and all of its unique ecology. As well as the environmental work we do, we are constantly exploring and developing new areas of interest across our sprawling property and ensuring our visitors have all of the information they need to make their time here unforgettable.
For all of these reasons we request that visitors purchase a visitor permit, which must be displayed during their time spent at El Questro. The funds from the permits are used to help us create and maintain signage and information boards and, most importantly, protect El Questro's unique and precious ecosystems. The permits also go toward track and trail maintenance, weed and pest eradication, fire management and development of new tourism areas.

Prices are $22 per adult and $11 per child aged 5-15 years. Visitor permits are valid for 7 days or day passes can be purchased for $12 per adult and $5 per child. Children aged 4 and below are complimentary.

Please note that El Questro Visitor Permits will be automatically added during the online booking process.

If you are doing a day trip at El Questro, you may purchase the Visitor Permits at reception on the day.

Drone Policy and Permits​

The use of drones at El Questro is not permitted, unless arranged in advance and a permit has been issued to you by the El Questro team prior to your stay.

Please contact elquestro.activities@gdaygroup.com.au to apply for a drone permit and have your approved permit with you during your visit.