17' Series Outside Tv socket

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
Hello again

Looking at putting a outside tv socket next to the 240 and 12v socket question is where have you Teed into
for coax cable?

cheers

Vaughan Reeve

Nov 25, 2013
I teed into the coax just under the outlet, inside the cupboard, i have a 17.56-1.
I ran a second line through the floor, around the front step and back up behind the fridge.
I used the crimp on F connectors and coax splitter setup.
Just make sure you seal around the cable where you come in and out of the flooring.

Didn't take too long to do and works perfectly.

Reactions: dagree

23chris

Sep 20, 2015
penrith
cheers
do u mean the out let on the left as u walk in the door and just drilled a hole in the floor on each side?

cheers

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I fitted two to our van this weekend just gone (One for satellite and the other for digital).
Did the same as @Vaughan Reeve regarding the teeing in bit (Inside cabinet under the existing internal socket) with splitter for the digital.
Fitted ours to the left of the door and just straight out the side wall..... Thought about running under the van and up inside the fridge cavity but easier to run a cable outside and under the van instead!!!!! Switching outdoor TV from satellite to digital...... Unplug the cable from one and into the other ;)

Reactions: Drover and Dobbie

Vaughan Reeve

Nov 25, 2013
Yes mate, just inside the door, inside the cabinet on your left. I kept the splitter up nice and high under the bench top.