outdoor speakers/solar provision

kegs

Sep 23, 2011
hunter valley
Hi,
Just finalising my options for the 17.56-1. Tossing up whether to get the outdoor speakers. Does anyone know the quality of the speakers, if they are poor, I won't worry about getting them, but if they are ok I will get them factory fitted, they want to charge $265. I am also considering get a solar provision fitted, even though I dont intend to get solar panels at this stage, I want the ability to do so in the future, they want to charge $206 to prewire the solar provision. Has anyone any thoughts on these items and pricing.
Regards :decision:

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I have the outdoor speakers, have probably only used them twice. As for their quality, I haven't removed the grilles to see what brand they are or their specs. The thing is though, if you do intend to use them then they are pre-wired to allow fader control between internal and external speakers. The kids can be in bed with nothing playing inside and the outside ones can still be on. I guess you could also supply your own for them to instal if you're concerned about the quality of the factory ones.

As for the solar provision, I haven't got it but for a couple of hundred bucks I would have ordered it had I known about it at the time of my order (dealer never mentioned it). At least then you have the option down the track of fitting panels to the roof without the extra costs involved of trying to do a full instal.

Just my 2c.

Matty

Reactions: kegs

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
We have the factory fitted solar and speakers, the Speakera seems to be of good quality and are marine grade, every time I turn on the radio it comes on outside, can never remember how to work the fader :whistle:

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
We have the outdoor speakers and the solar. we love both of them like Matty said the kids can be asleep while I'm outside drinking a few beers without waking them up.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I ordered the outside speakers because although I consider myself pretty handy, I thought the $250 was well worth the stress of thinking about drilling my new van. I think the quality will be average but they are marine grade and if your in parks you can't exactly crank up the stereo anyway. I also went with the solar because I thought the prewire a bit dear ($210 for 2m of 6g wire) but the $1100 solar pack includes 90watt panel, regulator and 100amp battery

mcgonical

Sep 6, 2011
Canberra
How do you guys with external van speakers find them on dirt roads - do they fill up with dust? I'd like external speakers but we'll do a lot of dirt roads and don't want the hassle of having to clean them constantly.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Hi there mcgonical we thave our speakers mounted up high ( just above door height ) and have had no problems with dust and we do many dirt roads / tracks , the only problen we had was from factory the terminals were not fitted properly but that was a 5 second fix, also go for the solar we did and was easier , quicker , cheaper when you come to get your panels fitted .
cheers russell

Gadget

Oct 18, 2011
HI We fitted Fusion marine speakers cost $80 from Ryda car radio they sound fantastic, now I have had to update the speakers inside as they are low quality and tinny. I am going to take the outside speakers off and silicon around the edges.

Regards Gadget

mcgonical

Sep 6, 2011
Canberra
Gadget, sounds like you're happy with your set-up which Fusion speakers did you get? You got a good price judging from the ebay listings.