16' Series Outback 16.49-1

Chookems

Jan 29, 2013
Geelong Vic
Great job Chookams, tell the wife she's a talent!
Now for all those, who like me still can't sew, you can buy the pop top windows online for $62 a pair. I bought some a month or so ago and they are great.
http://www.countrycamper.com.au/ind...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=4&vmcchk=1&Itemid=4
Or maybe Chookams wife will go into business! :)

Im happy to help out with sewing needs wherever possible :) As for going into business.. well I only dabble so to speak, I enjoy challenging myself to sew different things.. Most of which is done out of my head or copied! Sewing is the only thing that keeps me at home!

Reactions: Lara

Chookems

Jan 29, 2013
Geelong Vic
Im happy to help out with sewing needs wherever possible :) As for going into business.. well I only dabble so to speak, I enjoy challenging myself to sew different things.. Most of which is done out of my head or copied! Sewing is the only thing that keeps me at home!

Hey Lara,
I was looking at some of your mods.. we are going to put shelves in our wardrobe too.. great idea! We already did our TV.. View attachment 13862 20130515_112106.jpg We don't take it down when travelling.. we used the foam packaging it came in.. We have a slide in bracket at the other end of the van so we can move it quite easily..

Attachments

• 20130515_112216.jpg
    20130515_112216.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 286

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hey Lara,
I was looking at some of your mods.. we are going to put shelves in our wardrobe too.. great idea! We already did our TV.. View attachment 13862 View attachment 13863 We don't take it down when travelling.. we used the foam packaging it came in.. We have a slide in bracket at the other end of the van so we can move it quite easily..

Nice work Chookems! I really like the idea of a second bracket so you can move the TV elsewhere. Clever!

Chookems

Jan 29, 2013
Geelong Vic
Hi Lara... Just wondered if you have a draught skirt on your van when you have your annexe up & if so, would you have any pics? I would like to see how they get around the step..

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi there Chookems, we have the draught skirt on our new annex but don't have any pics of the new one. But I do however have some pics of the old Kakadu Annex we sold here on Expandas Downunder, we sold it once our new annex was ordered.

Our new one is identical to these pics as far as size and fit and also used the existing press studs, only difference being the new one is solid white vinyl, which I prefer because it blends continuously with the white fibreglass walls of the Expanda. Looks great!

In these pics you can see how the draught skirt is slit and them positioned behind and between the step, with extra press studs to hold that flap up. Sorry, I'm terrible at descriptions..... Hope the pics help!

Would I be right in guessing that your talented wife is going to hit the sewing machine to make one! Good on her!

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/attachments/kakaku-annex-03-jpg.12593/
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/attachments/kakaku-annex-07-jpg.12592/