Opening the ends

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
Hi all, I'm not sure whether I read this or someone told me, but can someone confirm for me whether I can open the bed ends without popping the roof? My preference is to open without popping as I can do that where it is, if I have to pop to open, then I have to open gates and move the van out onto the driveway - a bit of a pain. Thanks. Harv

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
There's no problem Harv opening the beds without popping the roof.

I have thought about doing this just for the on the side of the road overnighters too.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, I'm not sure whether I read this or someone told me, but can someone confirm for me whether I can open the bed ends without popping the roof? My preference is to open without popping as I can do that where it is, if I have to pop to open, then I have to open gates and move the van out onto the driveway - a bit of a pain. Thanks. Harv

We did this all the time to....

When travelling and stopping at a road side stop etc just pop the beds and leave the roof.

Of course I suffered as I am a little taller so wacked my head a few times on the metal roof lifting support thingy.... :frusty:

But the family got a few laughs so worth it in the end just be careful if sleeping in it when getting up in a daze!

Where2nxt

Oct 6, 2012
Western Australia
That's the good thing about the expander. You don't have to pop the beds or roof and you can still pullover somewhere for a rest. If using gas, make sure you leave the door open for venting though.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
A neighbour of mine put his pop top up in his garage and forgot to lower it before he drove it out. Ouch. Tore the pop top off.