QLD only four entries this year

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
too much doom and gloom lately how about a few good free camps, retreats,van parks to get us planning again, try this for first entry, Allawah scout camp ground Mt crosby 30mins from brisbane on the freshwater part of the brisbane river, powered or unpowered river front sites ,fishing canoeing must ring to book 0429133250, not far from you Bootsie.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I hope to add some new ones in a weeks time................ places like Eidsvoldt, Wandoan, Wyandra, Nockundra and others.............

Maryborough Airport has a nice off grid camp, dump point with potable water, has toilets and showers as well, very nice $10/nt, shop nearby and close to town................

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
I hope to add some new ones in a weeks time................ places like Eidsvoldt, Wandoan, Wyandra, Nockundra and others.............

Maryborough Airport has a nice off grid camp, dump point with potable water, has toilets and showers as well, very nice $10/nt, shop nearby and close to town................
Nockundra is the only place that i have seen a small aircraft have to give way to a road train,also the publician has a good story about having to store a camper in his beer cold room, good big jabbies in the river there

Reactions: Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
too much doom and gloom lately how about a few good free camps, retreats,van parks to get us planning again, try this for first entry, Allawah scout camp ground Mt crosby 30mins from brisbane on the freshwater part of the brisbane river, powered or unpowered river front sites ,fishing canoeing must ring to book 0429133250, not far from you Bootsie.

Thanks for the suggestion @poor but proud . Unfortunately not a "great" fisherman at the best of times and as for canoeing, not the best either, and do not have one anyway. Heading away tomorrow at "sparrows" to one of my favorite haunts in the Connondale Ranges behind the Sunshine Coast for 5 days. Lots of jungle walks and beautiful clear mountain streams and best of all, not many people around mid week. Weather may be a bit "soldiers' bold" on Tuesday morning, but we usually get a position facing north for full sun for warmth and solar generation. Protected from the south and west by heavily vegetated hills. Lots of birds and other wildlife and only a few scattered humans. Will send you some pictures.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have a Kayak you can purchase, in fact I have 3 with 2 up for sale..... Can even give you lessons...

Last edited:
Reactions: poor but proud

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Thanks for the suggestion @poor but proud . Unfortunately not a "great" fisherman at the best of times and as for canoeing, not the best either, and do not have one anyway. Heading away tomorrow at "sparrows" to one of my favorite haunts in the Connondale Ranges behind the Sunshine Coast for 5 days. Lots of jungle walks and beautiful clear mountain streams and best of all, not many people around mid week. Weather may be a bit "soldiers' bold" on Tuesday morning, but we usually get a position facing north for full sun for warmth and solar generation. Protected from the south and west by heavily vegetated hills. Lots of birds and other wildlife and only a few scattered humans. Will send you some pictures.
sounds like Crystal Waters or more probably Bolumba Creek, both great places , the lunacy of our great leaders is shown at Bolumba Creek with the stone sculpture of the EGG built in the middle of the rainforest that most people will never see it ,look it up on line and be amazed at the cost,take your leech repellant.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
sounds like Crystal Waters or more probably Bolumba Creek, both great places , the lunacy of our great leaders is shown at Bolumba Creek with the stone sculpture of the EGG built in the middle of the rainforest that most people will never see it ,look it up on line and be amazed at the cost,take your leech repellant.

Pretty correct @poor but proud . Just got back today. Been going to Booloumba creek for the last 35 years. Know more about the place than the Rangers. Judy and I were one of the first to see the "egg" when it was completed at a cost of over $1,000,000 and the fig plant at the top has been replaced 3 times!! There is more to it than you realise I can assure you!! Have visited it several times whilst on walks to Artists' Cascades on Great Walk Trail. Water and rain forest still absolutely magnificent...piccies to come. Weather - "beautiful one day, even more magnificent the next" but some cold mornings - highest in the morning was 7C and lowest was this morning at 4.5C , readings taken from my thermometer whilst UNDER the awning. Superb days ...bright sunshine and reaching 20C to 22C by 1.00pm.
On topic, only a few vans there including a brand new one from Australia Off Road, only 2 days old with a couple of "newbies" at the controls, and never had a van before. Just like @Drover said, people spending money on vans instead of overseas holidays. More on happenings and van/electrical talk shortly.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thanks for the offers @Drover , But I am too old to paddle my own canoe now, so while my pins are still working fine, I will stagger on with my own feet!

So I suppose if/when you get up to my place I will have to throw Mrs D, Mrs Booties and you in the 3 seater and tow you lot, I find its not so much the paddling its the getting in and out.........................

Big Mal has been checking out some new and old camp spots, Maryborough airport still a great spot to stop, be even better when the Aviation Museum gets done, Gayndah Railway will get a good review when they can fully open, restricted numbers due to whinging Park owner, be resolved soon thankfully, folks that can't stay at the railway move on as the van parks are pretty shocking but the town is worth a good visit.......
Mundubbera Show grounds are nice, do a review later on..................

So stand by for some good reviews popping up on here form me, Eidsvolt, Theodore, Wandoan and further west....................

The Jeeperific is just bluddy amazing, temps are just sitting the same as solo running............

Reactions: WHHEMI