One Week On?

How are you feeling about the new site????

• Loving The New Site!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Neither here nore there....

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Not Liking It Right Now!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Well, its been a pretty busy week and we seem to have settled into the new site software quite well.

I am at least hoping we have settled in and I guess that is where the next question comes from.

So, how are you finding the new site?

Personally my favourite things at the moment are as follows -

1) The alerts system, this is hands down may favourite thing as it keep reminding me to go back to so many threads I may have other wise missed!

2) The new look and feel, loving that!!!

3) Conversations, I really like the threaded conversations as I no longer have to go back and look at sent items etc.

4) Speed, I don't know about you but everything seems faster to me :)

So how are you doing and what are your thoughts good or bad?

If you would rather remain annoymous I have put up a poll you can vote in.

Having said all that some exciting new features which will be launched in the coming weeks ahead are as follows -

1) A resources manager, this will allow you to reuse all of your old iimages and files from way back when. We have not lost anything in all the changes its just that you don't have a magic button to see all your old photos and files. Once this magic button is enabled it will simply be an extra option for you to select from to access and reuse all of your images and files.

2) A mobile enhancement, over the past week tapatalk prompting was intoduced and it brought up some bugs with it so we had to disable prompting. You can still access the site via tapatalk but we are no longer prompting people that we have the app avaialble. To deal with mobile devices we will be implementing a mobile friendly style for the site. You won't need to do anything just when you access the site on a mobile it will reduce the screen size to fit your device on the fly and remove any excess waste to make it load faster.

So in closing hope you are enoying the new software, look and feel and the many other features of the site and we would be keen to hear how things are going for you!

Reactions: Xpandafan

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
To deal with mobile devices we will be implementing a mobile friendly style for the site. You won't need to do anything just when you access the site on a mobile it will reduce the screen size to fit your device on the fly and remove any excess waste to make it load faster.

So in closing hope you are enoying the new software, look and feel and the many other features of the site and we would be keen to hear how things are going for you!
On the mobile version, is there a way to make the button for "Go to first unread post" larger? it's currently a small blue dot, but on a mobile device its very hard to tap it without inadvertadly tapping something else.
Other than that, great!

Reactions: expanda

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
On the mobile version, is there a way to make the button for "Go to first unread post" larger? it's currently a small blue dot, but on a mobile device its very hard to tap it without inadvertadly tapping something else.
Other than that, great!

Thanks for the feedback...

We will take a look at that about going to first unread and see what can be done :)!