OB Solar Provisioning

LUK77Y

Dec 22, 2012
Central Coast - NSW
Guys, if my new 17 56 2 OB is Solar Provisioned. Typically where is the connection for portable solar charging?

I have a 12 pin plug. No Anderson plug. An outside 12v exists. Would this back charge?

Thx.

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
For Portable Solar you need to be able to connect them to your battery - shorter distance the better - either direct or via an Anderson plug which is wired to the battery. Assuming the panel has a regulator! Solar provisioning is having it wired ready for solar on the roof. excuse the underline - don't know why it suddenly started!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
According to Home of 12 Volt in Mt Barker, SA, you can back charge with your portable solar panel plugged into the 12 V point on the outside of your van. I had them install Anderson wiring into my van so now can plug panels into this.
Wiring is heavier duty.
This also solved my issue of isolating the car battery from the van and fridge when driving and stopping for short times.
Had Anderson system installed in the The Beast so now don't have to unplug the van during short stops.
Have been caught out once when I forgot to do so and flattened the car battery. Once bitten....
Was worth the investment. Upgraded van and had Anderson plugs/wiring installed again in new Panda. Battery charges when Travelling, runs fridge and completely isolated when ignition turned off.

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
Guys, if my new 17 56 2 OB is Solar Provisioned. Typically where is the connection for portable solar charging?

I have a 12 pin plug. No Anderson plug. An outside 12v exists. Would this back charge?

Thx.

If you are getting the 2014 OB it will come standard with the solar panel already installed with the regulator and battery. Here is the pic of our regulator in our 2014 17.56.1 OB.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 174

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
If you have a touring it will have a block sitting on the roof could be anywhere as they put them where they like and has the wiring in there for fixed panels
If you want to go portable need to put an ando in and one for the panel to I put it straight to the batt with fuse for portable as you already should have a regulated panel if not mount the reg as close as poss to the battery as it with work a lot better