Now i know what it feels like

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
I now know how all you guys feel when you purchase a brand new van and then have the long wait, our expanda is being repaired which we dropped off late feb and after the insurance company stuffing around work started on it two weeks ago so hopefully the end of may....we just want the damn thing back lol
The van sits beside the house for weeks, then it goes in for repairs and we have wanted to use it so many times haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 353

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Ouch! I'm sure you've posted it before, but what insurance work are you getting done?
with it all stripped out, it would be a good time to add any extra 240 or 12v points!

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Had a water leak which damaged the ply in the front, then the aussie day storms and the pop top collapsed at the rear , looking at the way it is designed around the hatch over the shower its no wonder too

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Looks like its gonna be a very expensive repair. Good to hear its covered by insurance and not coming out of your own pocket!

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi DiDexceed
Wow that's a huge job. I was at the caravan repair joint in fishermans road Kuluin today and didn't see you van so I guess it's probably down at the Caloundra caravan repair centre. Either way they both seem very good. I'm getting my van awning looked at for warranty work and I won't complain if they keep it for a few days after seeing your photo's.
Good luck

Reactions: DiDExceed

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Lara - We are with suncorp, the first claim went through no worries, the second claim required the pushing, towards the end we mentioned along the lines of if the claim didn't go through we would be taking our home & contents, two comprehensive car and CTP insurance policy's elsewhere and mention to other family members also with them to consider moving. The assessor was really good through the whole process (CERNO)

jdove - Although the fisherman's rd is just around the corner from home, Our van is at Prestige Caravan and R.V works in Forest Glen and I couldn't recommend them highly enough.