Noisy towing mirrors

Kenty

Apr 9, 2013
Wanneroo WA
I have a set of Coast to Coast mirrors which strap to the door. They work great but become quite noisy when you get to around 80k's. Anyone have a solution to this?

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
If it's the strap that is making the noise, I found adjusting the height of the diagonal bar that comes down from the horizontal mirror arm either up or down where it contacts the door made a huge difference for us.

Jaybird

May 31, 2012
Gippsland Lakes
We had the same problem and picked up some seatbelt protectors that are used to stop the belts rubbing on babies in their seats. They are just the right size and velcro around the belt and stop the wind vibration.

Another useful tip I discovered. I cut 2 magnetic sheet small panels (the stuff signwriters use) that stick to the door behind where the belt buckle touches the door to stop any rubbing that may occur.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We had the same problem and picked up some seatbelt protectors that are used to stop the belts rubbing on babies in their seats. They are just the right size and velcro around the belt and stop the wind vibration.

Another useful tip I discovered. I cut 2 magnetic sheet small panels (the stuff signwriters use) that stick to the door behind where the belt buckle touches the door to stop any rubbing that may occur.
Good tip with the magnetic sheet Jaybird !

Kenty

Apr 9, 2013
Wanneroo WA

I had heard about the seatbelt protectors but wasn't sure if it was successful or not. I emailed the supplier and they said to reverse the strapping. Not sure what they meant son have replied for more info.

i do like the magnetic idea and I do have some of that material.