no more wet bed ends

salsimo

Mar 14, 2011
Vic sthest Melbourne
This is our friends van bed ends they use when the weather is poor for a few days, put them up to allow light in with privacy and weather protection, so your bedding can touch the canvas.

P1010646.jpgP1010660.jpg

Attachments

• P1020600.jpg
    P1020600.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 433
  • P1010662.jpg
    P1010662.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 458
  • P1020168.jpg
    P1020168.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 462

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Yes please tell. I tried the same thing but with press studds on to the privacy screen with not much sucess. I am thinking velcro attached to the edge of the lid and velcro it on to the lid rather than attach it to the privacy screen. A close up photo would be great if possible

Wado

May 7, 2011
New England
That extension on the annexe or having it as stand alone option as in one of the pics, is just tops. Makes a great play pen for the little one. Any ideas on the brand/model of the annexe and where to source one? I think that just went onto the "must have" list for our new 17.56-2 due December.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Love the plastic, chartrock just did something similar but with canvas....

We liked the add on room but it was very fiddly to get it setup, this brand does look a heck of alot easier thought so same question what brand???

I may of mentioned this before, but I intend to either get an oz tent or touring tent and get the annex end modified so it suits. So on Xmas hols etc I can kick the boys outta the van, and when we head out of road we have a tent for the odd overnighter. Always with the intention of returning to luxury ie expanda after a few days :)

salsimo

Mar 14, 2011
Vic sthest Melbourne
The annex is from alpine in ringwood. You have to be very specific when ordering, we have 3 friends with the cubby and they are all different heights, you can also request windows in the cubby as they are not standard and also the door placement. You also need to request zips in the front and back walls as the annex is difficult to put up without them. With our new van we nearly ordered the annex from tebbs but found out the cubby is smaller and cannot be assembled alone. I am trying to convince alpine to make these PVC bed end covers as our friends had someone make them at great expense. They are attached with press studs in replacement of the bed flies.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
The annex is from alpine in ringwood. You have to be very specific when ordering, we have 3 friends with the cubby and they are all different heights, you can also request windows in the cubby as they are not standard and also the door placement. You also need to request zips in the front and back walls as the annex is difficult to put up without them. With our new van we nearly ordered the annex from tebbs but found out the cubby is smaller and cannot be assembled alone. I am trying to convince alpine to make these PVC bed end covers as our friends had someone make them at great expense. They are attached with press studs in replacement of the bed flies.
We have also ordered an Alpine annex for our van, are all of the windows on the main annex standard? What about the fly wire to the main entrance, standard?

salsimo

Mar 14, 2011
Vic sthest Melbourne
The extras I got on the annex are , front double doors with fly screens,extra large side windows in annex( normally 1 side window centred )cubby with door centered ( door normally to on side) windows in cubby ( I think only rear window) also got cubby made as high as possible at time( with van on order they have agreed to make at 5ft 4 high which is slightly higher) verandah is also extra.the most important extra to get is a extra zip in front and rear wall so it goes up in two peaces make life so much easier and could save your marriage .they also now make a cover for the anti-flap to slide into to stop then getting scratched.