No 240 volt power...why?

kaza

Jul 19, 2013
The last time we used our van we had 240 volt power, went To turn it on Last night-nothing!!!!! Batteriy power ok with lights.

We bought he van 2nd hand 2007 full van so not real sure on the wiring etc. have checked the fuses and the trip switch and they all ok. Used several different extension leads.

Where could the Problem be?

kaza

Jul 19, 2013
When you say fuses, in the van and outside?
What exactly are you switching on in the van to try?
Fuses in the van brad, are there fuses outside too? If so where, I've only seen the inside ones neAr the trickle charge box.
When you say fuses, in the van and outside?
What exactly are you switching on in the van to try?
Tried air cond, microwave and we also have a battery charger in there and it will not turn any 240v appliance on.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Other members have had the 240 connections rattle undone. Check inside the van where the 240 is plugged in from outside. also check the connections around the Setec area. If I recall, one member had the connections come loose in the actual van connection point. Behind this thing...

167216.jpg

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
I think I have seen somewhere on the forum that there is push on type plug at the back of the plug where you connect the extension cord to that has a tendency to fall off maybe check that

kaza

Jul 19, 2013
Still no luck, pulled out socket where power lead goes but all connections were ok. Spoke to jayco and they said it may be the safety switch and to check wires connected. if connected all ok then to replace it. That's my next step tomorrow, have ordered part so fingers crossed.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Source power ok?
Tried a different lead just to make sure?
If all that checks out, my guess is the safety switch is the source of the problem.
Good luck
Cheers
Andrew

Frosty

Jul 19, 2013
Redlands, S.E.Q.
Check the 240v power plug for the Setec - mine is in the under seat storage one over from the Setec unit & is easy to bump/knock out as you can access the cupboard from inside & outside on our 04 freedom expanda. If I remember correctly if it dislodged, it knocks out everything... am I correct here guys?

Cheers, Frosty.

kaza

Jul 19, 2013
Thankyou all for your advise. I rang Jayco and they too think its the safety switch. Common apparantly. Ive ordered a new one through an electrician and hopefully it will be put in today. Fingers crossed it works after this.

kaza

Jul 19, 2013
I had the safety switch go on our flamingo when it was only a few months old so might pay to get it checked out

Thanks for your reply. Jayco said the same and said it was not uncommon for them to go in new vans!!

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
When the electrician turned up to fix it he took one look at it and said "cheap don't be rude chinese stuff that will be the problem" but I notice that they still use the same ones to this day. If jayco say its a common problem you think that the would go for
a different brand.

kaza

Jul 19, 2013
Thats what my electrician said when I showed him a photo of it....cheap one and yes Jayco still sell the cheaps ones.