New van batteries 20.63

anton Smith

Jul 8, 2013
Dunsborough
www.bluewaterbuilding.com.au
Hi guys,

Two weeks until we pick up our new van.

I am just going through the last minute check lists to make sure I have everything sorted before I pick it up as we are traveling interstate to pick it up.

Guys with a 20.63 OB might be able to help me here. Does the van come with supplied batteries? One or two?

I am going to have to go through all my paperwork and emails to see what got discussed regarding batteries. From my recollection of the conversations we had the OB with slide out came with two batteries supplied.

Any experience?

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
Hi guys,

Two weeks until we pick up our new van.

I am just going through the last minute check lists to make sure I have everything sorted before I pick it up as we are traveling interstate to pick it up.

Guys with a 20.63 OB might be able to help me here. Does the van come with supplied batteries? One or two?

I am going to have to go through all my paperwork and emails to see what got discussed regarding batteries. From my recollection of the conversations we had the OB with slide out came with two batteries supplied.

Any experience?

Is it new? If it is I believe the battery kit is an option. Did you get the battery kit and battery option?

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
Walks I have found out since they are not included. Shouldn't assume anything.

Yeah assumptions do that :(
Walks I have found out since they are not included. Shouldn't assume anything.

Did you go for the battery provision option?

I believe that this is set up and all you have to do is drop in your battery and connect the terminals but i wont know for sure until i pick mine up. I am making a few assumptions too but all will become apparent pretty soon after taking delivery of the Van.

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
Its an Outback from the original post so there is a battery "provision" so you should be able to just plug and play with your own battery.

Hmmmmm, im questioning if my dealer has done a bit of a shonky on me. I have ordered an outback and i swear i've paid for a battery provision seperatly.

anton Smith

Jul 8, 2013
Dunsborough
www.bluewaterbuilding.com.au
I have spoken to my dealer and said I want to put two batteries in anyway and they have said they will make sure they will wire it up so I can connect both of them. No cost hopefully as you there should be a battery provisional so a extra battery would just be in parallel anyway.

They can supply Ritar glass mat 100ah for $300 each but I already have a 120ah Super Charger so will just buy another and take it with me.

Because I got the solar panel and control panel I thought battery would be included. With a slide out I would have thought a extra battery would be necessary anyway.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Because I got the solar panel and control panel I thought battery would be included. With a slide out I would have thought a extra battery would be necessary anyway.
Surely a battery is included in the solar pack....... Or what is the point of the solar? I'd definitely be asking the question.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
With a slide out a battery would be standard wouldn't it? I'd like to see the dealer handover opening without one....

Melon2155

G'day Guys, Brand new member and this is my first post/ reply.
Picked up my 20.63.1 a couple of weeks ago and love it. This is our 3rd Jayco, 1st one was a 2006 18 footer with two bed ends and slide out. 2nd a Sterling 21footer with bunks , and now the 20. It is awesome. Best layout of all of them . Slide out worth every cent. Washing Machine suprisingly very good as well. Seperate shower / sh#$$er even better.
Just checked my order form from the dealer and it says " solar panel inc 100amp battery " . So from this i can only think that solar comes with the single battery as standard .
I know in the brochure " auxillary battery " is an option and "100 amp battery" is an option for the OutBack.
Fitted the Holiday Annexes bed ends , which i can highly recommend. Look great and whilst we havent had any sideways rain as yet , they look like they could handle it.
Tows really easy as well. I havent weighed it yet but the dealer said the tow ball weight was only 135kgs.
My old man got a 23 foot Sterling this year and his tow ball weight is close on 300kg with the water tanks full.

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
Welcome to the 20.63 club!

I can't believe they would sell a van with a slide out and solar system without a battery, the words 'fit for purpose' spring to mind.