New Toyota Fortuner SUV

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey @Chooky , yeah this one looks good, meant to sit between the Rav4 and the Prado in the line up, but with a 3000kg capacity it can tow more than the Prado, however it does state that it is 3T in a manual so sounds like it might be less for an auto.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Yep, 2800kg for the auto.
Will watch this one with interest.
Be interesting to know what the price points will be. The Prado will also apparently be increasing its tow capacity as well and will be running the same transmissions and new engine as the Fortuna/Hilux. I still like the Prado's long range tanks.

BJ

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Yep, 2800kg for the auto.
Will watch this one with interest.
Be interesting to know what the price points will be. The Prado will also apparently be increasing its tow capacity as well and will be running the same transmissions and new engine as the Fortuna/Hilux. I still like the Prado's long range tanks.

BJ
Didn't they delete one tank from the new Prado with the lift up rear door to make room for the spare?

rags

It would be good if the manufacturers would release a model in these wagons as a 5 seater only. I think many who maybe considering these vehicles as tow cars would be happy not to pay for extra seats that take up room. Also the fleet market would be consider these as well in 5 seaters. I only 3 weeks ago picked up a new GX Prado at a discounted price for the last of the 3lt motor as I only wanted a base 5 seat model to use as a base for towing and touring.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Only on a special edition Altitude model, which deleted the rear door mount spare and 2nd tank with spare stored underneath, also door is still swing opening as per other models.

Ok thanks for clearing that up @rags, I haven't really looked was just going on a couple I saw at a dealership as I walked past they had 2 sitting out front on the footpath, 1 with the rear mount spare 1 without.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
interested in this one.. price is the point of interest the 7 seater SUV segment that can tow over 2500 is starting to get crowded.
The more flooded we get in this market of 7 seat tow vehicles the better I think. Hopefully start a price war and make them all more affordable.

Reactions: Chooky

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
The more flooded we get in this market of 7 seat tow vehicles the better I think. Hopefully start a price war and make them all more affordable.
Thats my hope Triton.. We have normally brought cars around 3 years old with around 40k's on the clock so they got the $ hit. Sarah's D3 was ex lease.
I like a new car although if the D3 can last maybe we will buy the best of what comes out this year in a 2017 :)

Reactions: mfexpanda