16' Series New to Expanda downunder forum

Path550

Jan 12, 2014
Hi everyone!

I have been using this forum for about 6 months now since my wife convinced me to buy an expanda. I originally was going to buy a Hawke but haven't looked back. We ended up buying a 16.49.1OB 2005 expanda a couple of months ago. After the maiden trip I have been tackling a list of mods/repairs/jobs to suit our families needs. Thought I would introduce myself and contribute to a forum that has helped me out and look forward to suggestions and hearing of others experiences.

Mods/repairs completed so far:

- 12v display, solar power isolator
- 2 x 12v outlet
- Added a separate switch to the second water tank pump
- Repaired loose water tank
- Relocated gas line

Mods/repairs to be completed:

- Front toolbox (found a link on this site)
- Relocation of spare wheel (Thinking of making a rear dual wheel carrier)
- Dual 100ah battery set-up (ordered)
- Remove original setec and replace with 25amp Ctek (ordered)
- Solar panels
- Dust proofing (out comes the silicone gun buy the looks)
- Vent covers (going to make our own)
- 240v inverter (ordered)
- Try and give it a nice glossy shine (sandpaper, cut n polish and many hours)

Going to start a "My Jayco" thread soon with some pic's, tips and problems I've had so far.

Thanks, Path550

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
@Path550,

Hi & welcome to the forum. Hope your Panda experiences are as great as ours have been.
You have certainly put some time & planning into some on the mods - looking forward to seeing pics of what you have done and will continue to do.

Path550

Jan 12, 2014
Thanks for the warm welcome. I live in Paraburdoo WA. I have a couple of trips to coral bay coming up soon and maybe one to Broome. As for the condition of the fibreglass I'm pretty sure the sand paper has to come out. I've tried nufinsh then fibreglass extra cut polish and its giving it a good shine but you can still see deep scratches. The van has seen full sun light for a long time so its very weathered. Reading into it though maybe the best way is to try magic block? then polish and wax. I'll start a new thread up with a few pictures for this task. Looks like I've got lots to learn about fibreglass. Thanks again Path550