New Model ARB Canopies

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I have just noticed ARB have launched a new model canopy called the Ascent. It looks very smart and has central locking amongst other things. Available for Ranger and BT 50, probably others to follow.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Just checked the price list I got from ARB on the weekend. Not on the list of availabilities for the Colorado, despite being in the snazzy catalogue for equipment. Looking at @cruza driver's price, I actually think that's not a bad thing... :)

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Wow that's a lot of coin for what they are. We screwed ours down to $2300 when I bought my triton but list price for the standard one is close to 3k now.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Maybe they are not far away for Colorado. I wouldn't have thought they would do a Hilux one until the new model. I have the normal smooth finish one with pull up side window, heavy duty internal support and heavy duty roof rack on the Colorado, cost around $3500 fitted. For guys buying Wildtracks, $4k and a bit is nothing, yet I don't think I have seen one on a car yet.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Maybe they are not far away for Colorado. I wouldn't have thought they would do a Hilux one until the new model. I have the normal smooth finish one with pull up side window, heavy duty internal support and heavy duty roof rack on the Colorado, cost around $3500 fitted. For guys buying Wildtracks, $4k and a bit is nothing, yet I don't think I have seen one on a car yet.
I have the smooth on mine I payed much the same

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I may, or may not have, been hanging around in the ARB store today getting prices on stuff, and was informed that they now do the Ascent for the Colorado. It's a nice looking bit of kit and the central locking is pretty cool. Has a push button release between canopy and cab that lifts the windows. As for a price, I can confirm you won't get much change out of $4k. Came in around $800 more expensive than their next model down.

Reactions: Capt. Gadget