16' Series New member

Kebsy56

Jan 17, 2012
St leonards vic
Hi All
Just joined this great site 2 weeks ago and are enjoying all the great ideas.Previously owned a 2007 16.49-1 outback which we sold in December.
We have ordered a new 16.49-1 outback which is sitting in prestige jayco waiting for us to pick up this Thursday (were excited). Can't wait to get it home and start the mods.First trip in march for 1 week at lake toolirook.
Cheers kebsy.

Kebsy56

Jan 17, 2012
St leonards vic
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.Yes chartrock we loved our old expanda.We had it from new and that layout suits us.We only used the back bed and on the odd occasion when the grandkids come with us they used the front bed.Main reason for the upgrade was the hardlid and to do away with the 6 poles,ropes and pegs and quicker set up.Went in today and checked out our van.One little thing that they can fix before thursday's pick up.Hope to get some pictures up.
Cheers all Kebsy.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Welcome guys. Yep we are in the same boat in organizing an expanda upgrade. Can't blame you in the slightest they are great vans.

Kebsy56

Jan 17, 2012
St leonards vic
Thanks cruza driver Yeah we love that layout.I just uploaded some pics to my album of my external tv bracket.Its so simple to make and you don't have to drill holes in the side of your van.Run the coax up through the velcro on the pop top window and 12 volt on side of van.Got some more pics of van and car i'll put on tommorrow just got to work out how to add to post.
Cheers Kebsy

Kebsy56

Jan 17, 2012
St leonards vic
Thanks for the welcome mfexpanda.We started with a 94 off road swan then 07 expanda and now our new baby.They are value for money even if they do have there problems.We picked ours up on thursday. When we got there the lids were up ands beds out.Half way through the handover they put the lids down when we noticed that the fibreglass lids looked like they had been polished with emery paper.There was no shine on the fibreglass and they had big swirl marks all over them.The guy was full of apologies and said if you would like to go inside and have a cuppa we will polish it up for you.About 15 minutes later they come in and say it won't polish out bring it back in 3 weeks and we wil replace both lids.Might say it took the shine off our handover(pardon the pun) At least i've got it home and the mods started