17' Series New Member

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hi All,

Firstly can I start by saying thank you. My wife and I bought a Jayco Outback Expanda 17.56-1 at the end of last year and after reading a lot of information on here we were able to decide on what options to choose:

1. 2nd Water tank
2. External shower
3. HWS & 12V pump
4. 2nd Gas bottle
5. Gas bayonet (asked for two, but got caught with the "new gas regs")
6. Picnic table
7. 2no. 100Amp batteries
8. Water / battery control panel
9. Bed end privacy screens
10. Solar wiring
11. 150 ltr Fridge
12. Roof mounted A/C - Air Command Sparrow
13. LED lighting throughout (except light near the door)
14. Extra 12V and LED light on the off side of the van to plug in our HWS for when we are free camping. Also got a total of 3no. 12V outlets inside
15. Shelving to the cupboard and extra shelving for the pantry (next to fridge which I installed myself to match my wife's Tupperware containers)
16. 12 Pin plug. Will get an Anderson plug fitted to van when I can get my head around it all works
17. Oven (my wife requested this one. Glad I said yes, cause she pre-makes a Lasagna which she throws in the oven when we arrive, and by the time we have finished setting up dinner is ready :)

I've attached a photo (hopefully), I know it is our avatar photo but it was the only one I have on my work laptop. I'll post some more soon
IMG_3682.JPG

Anyway, as I said before, Thank you for allowing me to look around your site to gather ideas. I should of joined up sooner because now I'm looking at storage ideas and have found that I should of got the extended drawbar to mount a tool box on!!

Keep up the great work. I'll order some stickers so we can do our bit and spread the word.

Cheers,
James

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday James great looking rig and go the canoe you certainly have it all covered there :).

Question for you did you have a shot of your bike rack on the back of the car keen to see how you got the bikes so high?

In terms of your bayonet issues I just got the dealer to put another one at first service so we could two and they had no problems with it!

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Thanks for the welcome everyone

Expanda, you wouldn't believe it but just had the first service today!! Oh we'll, next time. I haven't found a BBQ I like yet that I can plug into the bayonet. I don't have any photos of the bike rack up close, but i'll be packing soon for our Easter trip to corowa. So I'll take some photos for you then. The rack is made by Aussie Eagle Fabrication in bayswater Melbourne 9720 1650 www.tradesmantrailers.com.au. Australian made and can take up to 4 bikes (90kg). I picked it up from Jayco in bayswater. It had just been redesigned an extra 150 or 200mm higher than their previous version especially to go on the back of the car with a caravan. It is also made to fit our haymen Reese WDH. I love it, with 4 kids who bring their bikes everywhere, it saves trying to find room in the van. I can also take mine and my wife's on the roof as well...if we don't have the canoe!
cheers james

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Thanks Lara, Burnsy, Chartrock & Bigman

Expanda, I found a couple of photos on my phone of the bike rack that I'll post for you. They are a little closer but don't show the connection with the WDH. I'll get a photo of that soon.

Attachments

• IMG_3131.JPG
    IMG_3131.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 307

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Thanks Lara, Burnsy, Chartrock & Bigman

Expanda, I found a couple of photos on my phone of the bike rack that I'll post for you. They are a little closer but don't show the connection with the WDH. I'll get a photo of that soon.

Wowser talk about stacking the bikes on :)!!!

I like that rack it gets them up nice and high.

When I tried to use the normal bike rack for my bikes the a frame would have crushed the bikes so I left them off!

Ill have to get in touch with that company and see what they can do.

Cheers for the pics much appreciated ;)