New Jayco Expanda outback 16.49-3 problems

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Jayco Outback 16.49-3 March 2013 model this is the list so far which has gone wrong with van and has only been out on 4 small local trips to perth.

Two new solid bed end covers both cracked and one also blistered
New dinette window seal fell out
Roof need completely re sealing as sealer was pealing off
Rust on chassis from where they done pipe fixing and hit with the drill chuck
4 new roof clamps as old ones going rusty from not being powder coated properly
Water brackets replaced due rust not galvanised properly
Bed frame needs repairing or replacing on front as coming apart waiting to here from dealer
Air conditioner cabinet switch on to test heat side and next morning cabinet delaminates
Lost 12 volt power two weeks after receiving van ,wire came out of brass connector in battery box
Trim on internal bed step needed trim putting on properly
Mattress problem where end is different height to centre mattress jayco would not fix
Trim on front of van needed new aluminium trim as too short and left hole in corner
Bed end leak through hinges both ends but luckily doesn't come in van

Jayco answer to these problems is that we will keep fixing the problems and give a year warranty on parts replace they are not interested in extended the warranty of the van or any compensation. It's a shame they don,t checked the vans as they come out of the factory as their quality control is shocking.

Cheers Smash

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Wow!! That's quite a list @Smash
Whilst it is all annoying and yes the QA department at Jayco could do better, I think you will find Jayco is good to their word in fixing things even after warranty.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Bugger of a list. The bet thing about Jayco is that they do honour their warranty, unlike many other manufacturers. It is just a shame that it isn't right from delivery though.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
It is also the inconvenience of getting it repaired. I would think if anything major happened after the warranty period that they would look after you. My clips are corroding as well, pretty well did from new. I would prefer the unpainted ones although not looking as nice at least they would be treated better. Touch wood, one of the reasons we decided to keep ours was because it has been a good one, just a couple minor issues that a screwdriver has fixed.