16' Series New Expanda 16.49.4 What Did You Pay

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
New member and cant believe the amount of advice given on the forums, fantastic.

As like the other 50% of members, Im the sucker who has a 10 month old (brand new) Jayco Swan OB and looking at the upgrade. Not a fan of en suite and like the bunks as 3 rug rats in tow. I have a 2014 GXL Prado diesel and reading on the forums re weight, I think the 16.49.4 (OB) is the go.

In WA, but what has everyone paid for the 16.49.4. I was given the standard walk up price but how much bartering can you do on the price including trade in. I was hoping to get away with a $10g change over with some extras thrown in. Not sure if Im way off the mark both negative/positive.

youngy73

Feb 7, 2015
Just ordered in cairns yesterday. Optioned with Outdoor shower, hot water service, tv aerial upgrade, extra water tank and extended draw bar. $42000.

David Spencer

Feb 6, 2015
If you did not get the extras, what would you have made as your offer? Just confirming you ordered the Outback model?

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
My understanding is that Jayco have adopted a national pricing policy in 2015, meaning freight is absorbed across the country by all dealers. Effectively prices have gone up in Victoria and down in other areas of the country.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
New member and cant believe the amount of advice given on the forums, fantastic.

As like the other 50% of members, Im the sucker who has a 10 month old (brand new) Jayco Swan OB and looking at the upgrade. Not a fan of en suite and like the bunks as 3 rug rats in tow. I have a 2014 GXL Prado diesel and reading on the forums re weight, I think the 16.49.4 (OB) is the go.

In WA, but what has everyone paid for the 16.49.4. I was given the standard walk up price but how much bartering can you do on the price including trade in. I was hoping to get away with a $10g change over with some extras thrown in. Not sure if Im way off the mark both negative/positive.

Go the ensuite van 16.49-3OB, I myself going from Swan to 17.56-2 has been fantastic. Pending on size of your family/ blow in guests go the ensuite model, better resale to in the future. Cheers Pace.

Reactions: Anja dunford

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Go the ensuite van 16.49-3OB, I myself going from Swan to 17.56-2 has been fantastic. Pending on size of your family/ blow in guests go the ensuite model, better resale to in the future. Cheers Pace.
Agreed. We have three kids and use the dinette as a bed for one, while the other two share the back bed. Well we did till the oldest decided he wanted to sleep outside!

Reactions: cruza driver

youngy73

Feb 7, 2015
My understanding is that Jayco have adopted a national pricing policy in 2015, meaning freight is absorbed across the country by all dealers. Effectively prices have gone up in Victoria and down in other areas of the country.
The sales guy told me hey n
I was advised they now have australia wide pricing but I was sceptical until I started getting prices but maybe it's true. It makes sense and your regional dealers will probably go harder on the pricing to get the sale, therefore keeping the numbers up and make there money on warranty and servicing .

Reactions: crackacoldie

Anja dunford

Jan 17, 2015
We just bought an 18' expanda. Avoided the bunks as our kids would not want to sleep on them for long. Oldest is 12. Youngest 2. As above the twin fly beds with diner bed at night. 12 year old already envisages sleeping in the annex soon!
We looked at not ensuite too but avoided it due to resale. Like most people told us we will appreciate it when it's wet and late and dark! With no ensuite sites.
Can't help with price we bought a 2011 van. Fully set up with bbq, solar and a new annex.

Reactions: Pace

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
Dave - we to have 3 kidlets ( not so much rugrats now ) and we managed to pick up a 17.56 OB not even 1 year old for 40k 2 years ago. Van has the bunk set up and ensuite plus full size fridge - this is a must for anyone with kids. kids are now 7,7,and 10 and the room inside to store all the bikes boards etc is perfect. Don't disregard the ensuite as it is extremely handy in the middle of the night when its raining and someone needs to go. We started off with a Swan but after 2 years of pulling down and setting up I gave up. We have a 2013 GXL Prado diesel and it tows the van better than my Ranger which has a bigger motor.

Attachments

• 2011 expanda 008.jpg
    2011 expanda 008.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 256

Hadaja

Sep 1, 2014
We just bought an Expanda 16.49-4 OB with external shower and filter system for under $45k