New Alloy ARB Bullbar

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Yeah I saw the winch on the Prado. I wonder what the price will be be compared to the steel bars?

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
There are plenty of alloy bars out there that are winch compatible so it would be silly of ARB to offer theirs without. They should have both options available. What i don't like about the steel bars are the triangular looking supports. To me it just makes them look like a commercial bar rather than an accessory to a car. Just my opinion. I will say @17triton i do also like the colour coding.

Reactions: 17triton

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
What i don't like about the steel bars are the triangular looking supports. To me it just makes them look like a commercial bar rather than an accessory to a car.
These supports add considerable strength over the tubular supports, particularly in animal strikes. I personally prefer steel and the additional supports, for that very reason, but then most of my driving is in the outback at dawn and dusk.

Reactions: 17triton and Antman

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Back in the days of driving semi's interstate every night our trucks with alloy bars held up better than the ones with steel bars, hi tensile alloy will spring more freely than steel and retain its shape, you can paint/powder coat alloy as well, just food for thought

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
The full artical states they have been making the alloy bars for several years, just not under their banner, i.e they make some of the factory branded bars, eg,Toyota, Mitsubishi etc I know TJM use the make the alloy bars for Nissan.

Reactions: DRW