New 14 series

laurie

Jan 2, 2013
Hi everybody,
We took delivery of our new 14.44-5 last month - perfect for two people, with 150L fridge and toilet separate from shower - up grade from old faithful 2006 Hawk (3.0L Commodore tug)
A few problems though (air con just blows hot air and lights fuse blows when top is down - pinched wire?)
Our Perth dealer has been advised and they are happy to attend to any warranty repairs.
Only a few minor mods - Anderson plug direct to house battery, attended to the plumbing, take out right angle fittings and adjust drainage pipes so does not run up hill (shower and sink now run free) fit bracket between gas bottles for the baby Q.
My wife and myself are at the stage were we can take 2-3 months off work each year, we love to travel across the Nulabor and explore the east coast - looking forward the our third trip this year.
Just love this site - I think I am addicted.
Interesting to note, when Jayco sent me their survey - one question was which web site did you find out about Expandas - one mentioned was expanda downunder ( looks like big brother is watching also)

Cheers

Laurie

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday Laurie and welcome to the forum. Nice selection of van, sounds the goods for 2 up touring as you well enjoy. Many of experienced campers here to assist with any query and questions will be answered from near and far around Australia. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more of your trips and setup.

Cheers Pace.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome to the forum, Laurie, good to have another 14' aboard. Third trip for the year coming up, not bad as the year is only 7 weeks old. :madgrin: Sounds like you use the van more than we do and we're retired. Keep us posted on your mods and trips and we love photos.

laurie

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the warm welcome pace9908 and chartrock
Good to know the expanda family are out there for queries or problems
Chartrock, no not the third trip for this year (only one major per year) although we do get away some weekends here in WA
We love the free camps in VIC & NSW

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
G'day Laurie, welcome mate, any pics?? One of my mates just bought a new hawk, he's coming up through the ranks.....enjoy your new van mate!

Cheers.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Welcome Laurie. Nice move up from the Hawk with a few more home comforts for those longer journeys. This forum certainly is addictive, look forward to your contributions and pics.