Nespresso coffee pod machine not working on Inverter

Hesh

May 22, 2022
Lake Macquarie
Hi all, just found this forum which is great. We just bought a Jayco All Terrain. It has 2000w Pure Sine Wave inverter installed. I brought my large Nespresso machine (1700w) from in the house and it worked a treat off my inverter. So I bought a new Mini Nespresso (1200w) to keep in the van, but it won't heat up. Lights keep flashing and the inverter fan doesn't kick in. Can anyone explain why?.... cheers

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Hi all, just found this forum which is great. We just bought a Jayco All Terrain. It has 2000w Pure Sine Wave inverter installed. I brought my large Nespresso machine (1700w) from in the house and it worked a treat off my inverter. So I bought a new Mini Nespresso (1200w) to keep in the van, but it won't heat up. Lights keep flashing and the inverter fan doesn't kick in. Can anyone explain why?.... cheers
this could be a stupid question, have you tried it on mains power away from the van ?

Reactions: Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
@Hesh , flashing lights and failure for fan to start is usually a sign of lack of power or voltage. Is van connected to 240 volt and/or is van battery/ies sufficiently charged. A 1200w coffee machine needs at least 120 Amps of 12 volt power to get started.

Hesh

May 22, 2022
Lake Macquarie
@Hesh , flashing lights and failure for fan to start is usually a sign of lack of power or voltage. Is van connected to 240 volt and/or is van battery/ies sufficiently charged. A 1200w coffee machine needs at least 120 Amps of 12 volt power to get started.
Hi Boots, thanks for the reply. Yes understand everything you said. But when the new Nespresso didn't work I again grabbed my larger one from in the house and plugged it into the Inverter and it worked no problem at all. I even plugged in a small camping kettle and that also worked with no issues. And no I haven't got AC Mains plugged in at the moment. I need (want) the nespresso machine to work via the inverter with no mains power.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My genny roars its head off when I fire up the pod machine far more than when AC is on actually, you would certainly need a full charge in batteries and nothing else feeding off the inverter to get it going.. So as @poor but proud said confirm it works on 240v, then check battery capacity, with full charge and maybe a solar feed as well see if it works, if not it could just be that the mini job demands more juice at start up which trips out the invertor where the 1700w job has a more softer start up, its basically just an jug element................ also a 2000w inverter often isn't really, can provide 2kw for a short time but will run at 1.5 or1.6 happily...

either way I would be checking the run to the batteries from the inverter to make sure good solid connections, too much resistance in a bad connection and you will have a melt down.

Hesh

May 22, 2022
Lake Macquarie
My genny roars its head off when I fire up the pod machine far more than when AC is on actually, you would certainly need a full charge in batteries and nothing else feeding off the inverter to get it going.. So as @poor but proud said confirm it works on 240v, then check battery capacity, with full charge and maybe a solar feed as well see if it works, if not it could just be that the mini job demands more juice at start up which trips out the invertor where the 1700w job has a more softer start up, its basically just an jug element................ also a 2000w inverter often isn't really, can provide 2kw for a short time but will run at 1.5 or1.6 happily...

either way I would be checking the run to the batteries from the inverter to make sure good solid connections, too much resistance in a bad connection and you will have a melt down.
Hi Drover, appreciate the reply mate. But, as stated when replying to others, yes it works of 240 with no issue. A higher watt coffee machine, a Kettle and also a toaster, all work fine plugged into the inverter. So it's definitely not an inverter or voltage problem. I feel it's just a faulty machine. Taking it back tomorrow and trying a different one....thanks anyway

Reactions: mfexpanda

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hi Drover, appreciate the reply mate. But, as stated when replying to others, yes it works of 240 with no issue. A higher watt coffee machine, a Kettle and also a toaster, all work fine plugged into the inverter. So it's definitely not an inverter or voltage problem. I feel it's just a faulty machine. Taking it back tomorrow and trying a different one....thanks anyway
Now I see your post but it didn't show when I did mine, weird stuff, must be the rain ???? If the new one does the same its probably as I said it requires a harder start than other one.....

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Inverters, unlike the mains, monitor the 240 output and adjust as necessary. Possibly the coffee machine has a power manager that argues with the inverter. I can't use a drill speed controller on mine

Trasielynn

May 29, 2022
Chicago
I’m a truck driver in the US. I have a 2500w inverter in my truck. I also love my. Espresso. I have found that it is the machines. Not really sure why. My first machine would work at home, but not in the truck. It would not ever heat up. Light would just keep blinking. Had it replaced twice. Went with a different model. Works great. Have never had an issue. Bought an OL model. The mini. Same thing. Won’t work will not get past the initial heat up. Had it replaced. Same thing. Not sure why this is happening. The voltage and wattage are all similar. What model are you using?