17' Series Need pics of plumbing 17.56.2

Bingy

Jul 4, 2016
Orange NSW
Hi everyone, we are eagerly awaiting the handover of our new 17.56.2 next week and I am busily preparing myself for the obligatory mods.
My first two will simply be a "non-mains" tap on the outside, and a water flow meter ( a little pricy but I am thinking about the Topargee )

The van comes with a mains tap on the A-frame but I want to install one somewhere coming from the 12v pump which can be used when free camping, watering the dog in transit, and washing after using dump points.

We did not get the "drifter monitor" so the flow meter is to monitor our water due to the extra usage which will come from the shower and toilet, especially when our grandkids tag along.

I am hoping someone may have some pics of the plumbing so I can get my head around how much room there is near the pump for the flow meter, and to decide on a good location to cut the tap line into.

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
If like ours, all plumbing works off both mains and tank via the pump so no need for a dedicated extra tap outside.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Our Topargee was fitted near the pump easily....in the Golf, not the expanda. The line was easy to see and, from memory, similar to the access in the expanda.

I love the Topargee ...we now know exactly how much water we have used and how much is left. Far better than the sensor type metres and easy to fit. The biggest pain was to remember to buy the correct in line fittings...it doesn't come with those as pipes differ in size.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep all taps will work off mains or pump, probably sensible not getting Drifter, what I would be checking when you get it, is see if your water tanks have seperate fill, breathers and water draw lines....if each tank isn't seperate from the other then you can have problems, a broken line, a tap left on and you have no water.......or one will bleed into the other as the other empties, when one is empty your other supposed full tank is only half....

Don't forget to check the wheel nuts before you leave the yard after checking everything else, poor QC at Jayco.

Bingy

Jul 4, 2016
Orange NSW
Thanks for the advice Drover, I was making the assumption that the tanks would be separate but I will certainly check that, and I will also make sure the nuts are tight. I could have made a joke there but thought it would be prudent not to.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You might be lucky with the tank plumbing some models have both separate with three way valve to select which tank while others it's all one big family..........exciting time to finally get close to pick up day, just make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb and if anything not up to par refuse it, no matter what the salesman promises about it will all get fixed at first service, stuff 'em, tell them to get it right the first time , NOW, as there may not be a second chance....................................don't want to be doom and gloom but leave it in the yard if not happy better chance of getting it done and happy camper later on.......................don't go buying heaps of gear untill you do a couple of runs and find out what you really need, my cool gear may not be yours sort of thing.......................good news is many don't have any problem or if they do they are only small, some are far easier to fix yourself.

Reactions: KECL

Bingy

Jul 4, 2016
Orange NSW
Plenty of good advise there Drover, all taken on board and will chance nothing at handover. As for the mods and equipment, one can't help but spend way too much time browsing thru this forum for ideas, but like you said, we are going have a few runs in it before I get too busy.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Woo Hoo, today being Friday means it's getting close, count days on one hand now I suppose....how did you stay sane ??? or aren't you ???

Reactions: 1DayIll

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
You'll be able to fit the flow meter easy I think. Below the floor after the 3-way change over tank selector valve is an inline filter then the water hose goes up into the space behind the kitchen drawers where it "Tees" off for the supply to the water pump or hand pump. Before this tee is where you should be able to fit the flow meter behind the drawers..
Check the suction lines to the pump when going over the van at the dealer, check that the hoses to the pump from the tanks have no kinks or are squashed by cable ties etc. Mine had to kinks from new, the previous owners did not know about the kinks ( they were not the type who'd pull things apart themselves) but did mention it to the dealer and nothing was done.

Glenn todd

Sep 16, 2014
Hi everyone, we are eagerly awaiting the handover of our new 17.56.2 next week and I am busily preparing myself for the obligatory mods.
My first two will simply be a "non-mains" tap on the outside, and a water flow meter ( a little pricy but I am thinking about the Topargee )

The van comes with a mains tap on the A-frame but I want to install one somewhere coming from the 12v pump which can be used when free camping, watering the dog in transit, and washing after using dump points.

We did not get the "drifter monitor" so the flow meter is to monitor our water due to the extra usage which will come from the shower and toilet, especially when our grandkids tag along.

I am hoping someone may have some pics of the plumbing so I can get my head around how much room there is near the pump for the flow meter, and to decide on a good location to cut the tap line into.

Glenn todd

Sep 16, 2014
Check the floor between the shower and the fridge, for creaking on a cold morning.
I have had our back to Page bros. and have had extra reinforcement fitted to the cross bars in order to stop the creaking.
Not too happy, has improved , but contacted Jayco head office and have it booked in for the end of this month in order to get the problem sorted out.
Ours is a 12/2016 model.
Also check canvas at both corners of the bed ends for gaps.
This was fixed by Page bros. As well.
Apart from the above we haven't had any other problems.
We have only done about 1500 kilometers.
All the very best with your new van.