My New Nav

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Hi all,

Well it has finally turned up, just waiting on the canopy, the supplier can't keep up with the demand so i have to wait until mid July.

Really happy with the purchase, now just have to get electric brakes fitted then i can take out the Panda again :)
Nav 1.jpg
Nav 2.jpg
Nav 3.jpg
Nav 4.jpg

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Thanks guys,
Not really planning anything extra on it, just the canopy and e brakes. It will mainly be used for towing the panda and maybe some basic off road stuff. Out of the box they are pretty good off road compared to D40 and R51. Standard rear diff lock is fitted so that helps a lot. At October we go on the beach up at Anna Bay so that is the hardest stuff it probably will do.
Plus SWMBO has told me i can't break this one. Her Jimmy had a few breakages as i went to hard most of the time. I think i have passed the "going hard" phase as it started costng me too much. Thats why i bought her a new soft few months back :)
Expensive year this year so i think the Panda won't be upgraded for a while although the van is perfect for what we need so no real point at this stage

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
nice looking rig @stuartcarr2002
apart from diff locks, what other goodies has it got?
Has the down hill assist, 7 airbags, hill start assist, active brake lock (like a diff lock for the front and rear) then the usual, sat nav, camera, sunroof, electric chairs with leather and heated, keyless start, 18 inch alloys and coil rear end susp. Coil rear end is the best thing they have ever put in a ute, the ride is a lot smoother than the normal ute set up. Once i tow the van then i can see how it really performs but from the pre launch drive day i did when towing a Jayco Silverline it did it well. My Panda is a fair bit lighter so i can't see it been a drama.

Last edited:

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
How does she tow? I think I'm buying one on Friday and selling the 80 series cruiser :(
Tows great, the power comes in really low in the rev range and with the auto first and second a really short so it takes off with no lag, twin turbo helps that as well. Rear springs are soft so air bags or spring upgrade is worthwhile. That said most uses and wagon have crap spring from factory so not just a nav thing, PM me if you need a price, i work for Nissan...