My first service cost.

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
My first service has cost my Dad about $50k!!
I've taken my van for its first service and my Father decided he'd come for a drive to keep me company, top old fella he is! Anyway while I was talking to the service centre manager Dad decides to have a look about the yard. He's spotted a couple of vans he liked, took some photos of some pre loved vans to take home and show the treasurer as they were thinking of upgrading in a year or so.
That was yesterday.......
I get a text come through today to say, oops I think I just bought a new Starcraft!
Dad and the treasurer had driven their van up to the dealer for an idea on trade price and driven away with a deal on a new van.
Consequently he's blaming me for answering yes to the question "do you want me to come for the run up to keep you company?"

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
My first service has cost my Dad about $50k!!
I've taken my van for its first service and my Father decided he'd come for a drive to keep me company, top old fella he is! Anyway while I was talking to the service centre manager Dad decides to have a look about the yard. He's spotted a couple of vans he liked, took some photos of some pre loved vans to take home and show the treasurer as they were thinking of upgrading in a year or so.
That was yesterday.......
I get a text come through today to say, oops I think I just bought a new Starcraft!
Dad and the treasurer had driven their van up to the dealer for an idea on trade price and driven away with a deal on a new van.
Consequently he's blaming me for answering yes to the question "do you want me to come for the run up to keep you company?"

Oh well, I guess when he takes in his new van for service and you decide to keep him company, you'll get a new van and the cycle will continue..........

Last edited:

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
Oh well, I guess when he takes in his new van for service and you decide to keep him company, you'll get a new van and the cycle will continue..........
Hmmm a new van every 3mnths! I won't have time to mod each one up. That would save me the money I'd lose on changeover.

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
Handover has been arranged for this Thursday, both he and the treasurer are a little exited.
I've already been enlisted to do another diesel heater installation.

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
@17triton I'm going to have to catch up with you next time I'm down your way. Last time I was there it took me 3 hrs to do a plant tour and I couldn't eat until the next day! :eek-53: Eyes were bigger than belly!

Reactions: 17triton

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Just had our van serviced and I have had to put new bearings and bushes in. Van's travelled 13,500 km total!

If I had to change the wheel bearings every service in my car, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Bloody cheap Chinese Junko / Jayco crap. Timkins in now! Why don't Jayco just put proper bearings in instead of poncing around with gimmicks like bloody nitrogen?

Rant over; I'm better now!

Reactions: Wanda

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
That's no good. I've had no problems with Jayco bearings in the past. Must have been badly adjusted before hand. I thought the axle setup was Alko gear?

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Just had our van serviced and I have had to put new bearings and bushes in. Van's travelled 13,500 km total!

If I had to change the wheel bearings every service in my car, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Bloody cheap Chinese Junko / Jayco crap. Timkins in now! Why don't Jayco just put proper bearings in instead of poncing around with gimmicks like bloody nitrogen?

Rant over; I'm better now!

Something wrong there seems I'd be ringing jayco about itas long as no one else has played with the wheel bearings

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Always serviced by Jayco Bayswater.

Bought new.

I know that they fit them with cheap and nasty don't be rude bearings from the factory.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Cheap chinese crap or not..... Just lucky they picked them up in the workshop and you didn't have to pick them up in the middle of nowhere!!

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
I reckon that as well, bit of servicing, can save hassles down the track!
Wheel bearings are one of those things that can be a pain if they bugger up away from home.
So can tyres when they explode, especially old ones , check your dates , tyres have a life span of approx five years before they perish, split and crack etc, dates on the side wall ( 3209) = 32 week of 2009.