Old & Moved Murray River Caravan Hire

rodk

Jun 14, 2013
Murray River Caravan Hire is located just over 2 hours north of Melbourne, 20 minutes south of the Murray River tourist town of Echuca.

Winner Best Hire Company 2012-CCIA Awards of Excellence.

We hire out a 2012 Jayco Expanda (sleeps 4) model as well as other late model Jayco vans. All vans are self-contained, except for bedding and comprehensive insurance is included in the hire.
Why not try before you buy? Save on insurance, registration, and storage costs by hiring.

"... hook up on the Murray and let the journey begin...'

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Murray River Caravan Hire is located just over 2 hours north of Melbourne, 20 minutes south of the Murray River tourist town of Echuca.

Winner best Hire Company 2012-CCIA Awards of Excellence.

We hire out a 2012 Jayco Expanda (sleeps 4) model as well as other late model Jayco vans. All vans are self-contained, except for bedding and comprehensive insurance is included in the hire.
Why not try before you buy? Save on insurance, registration, and storage costs by hiring.

"... hook up on the Murray and let the journey begin...'
hi, can you tell me what you do about brake controllers for your hire vans?

rodk

Jun 14, 2013
hi, can you tell me what you do about brake controllers for your hire vans?
Hi, For longer hires we highly recommend a brake controller unit be fitted in your vehicle, as this is the safest option for you. However for shorter hires our vans are all fitted with over-ride braking systems, which are also legal for the van sizes.
Hope this helps you. rodk.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
I thought any trailer exceeding 750kg (or thereabouts) had to be operated with a brake controller in order to legally tow the trailer. Is that not the case?

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I thought any trailer exceeding 750kg (or thereabouts) had to be operated with a brake controller in order to legally tow the trailer. Is that not the case?

My understanfing is that over-riders are fine up to 2T (at least in NSW)

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
My understanfing is that over-riders are fine up to 2T (at least in NSW)
Correct. Even here in Vic up to 2T can have over-ride brakes, either cable or hydraulic in operation, and only need to be fitted to one axle.
Over 2T then requires electric or hydraulic brakes fitted to all axles.

My van has an ATM of 2350kg, hence the electric brakes on all 4 wheels, whereas my boat has an ATM of 1990kg and has hydraulic over-ride brakes fitted to the front wheels only.

FWIW a mate hired a van a couple of years ago and the hire place had a plug in electric brake controller into the 12v outlet in the centre console with the wire running through the car and into the boot to allow connection to the loom of the standard 7 pin plug.
This was on his VE Calais.