17' Series Mods to my Outback Expanda 2015

Kman

Dec 18, 2016
Perth
Just finished some Mods on the Expanda 17.56.2OB and have enjoyed looking at this forum for ideas. I thought I would throw up the ideas and the mods I have done on my van. Thank you

Fitted twin cooling fan 5600w inverter in battery storage area, also fitted dual battery to work microwave and Thermomix, toaster and kettle off grid.
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG

fitted inverter power outlet under exhaust fan area(upper), and fitted 240volt outlet for thermomix.Lower
IMG_0765.JPG
fitted inverter power outlet under sink for microwave to run off grid. This can be swopped over to the 240v power plug on the other side of the sink cupboard.
IMG_0768.JPG
fitted remote for inverter on/off switch above solar regulator
IMG_0763.JPG
fitted twin water filters under sink for drinking water. Water tastes like bottled water from the tanks, works great with two.
IMG_0788.JPG
fitted drinking water extra outlet near std tap
IMG_0771.JPG
fitted extra light under top bunk for games or reading in kids retreat area and lower bunk
IMG_0769.JPG
fitted tea towel rail
IMG_0787.JPG
carried out mod to cutlery draw can open without opening cupboard first.
IMG_0786.JPG
fitted Bunnings soft closing draw rails to all draws
IMG_0783.JPG
moved gas bottles back 50mm
IMG_0774.JPG
fitted gulwing box on front and cut out rear of box slightly to fit around gas bottles.
and powder coated it.
IMG_0772.JPG

made storage box lh rear
IMG_0773.JPG
storage box for shoes
IMG_0775.JPG
storage box rh front
IMG_0776.JPG
storage box rh rear with mud flap extensions fitted for stopping stone chipping rear bumper
IMG_0777.JPG
rh rear box
IMG_0778.JPG
checker plate to stop stone chips on rear bumper

Attachments

• IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 390

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome to the forum @Kman .... from another Perthite!!!!

Some good and well thought out mods there. Have also been contemplating fitting a couple of under ute tray boxes behind the wheels but all the off the shelf ones are just that little bit too large.
Any chance of getting the details where you got them made?

Kman

Dec 18, 2016
Perth
I welded them up myself out of 2.5-3mm checker plate and powder coated them, they are 260mm wide and 380 high. I am away til mid January and have the caravan on a hoist inside my workshop in Kenwick. If you need some made and you wish to check them out let me know. Thanks

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Kman

Dec 18, 2016
Perth
I want to book you in for some work in Victoria i should be able to arrange a few van vans so you'll be very busy i have to take 10% as prinsapal contractor im sure we can work somthing out LOL
All sounds good, I will let you know when I get home

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Just finished some Mods on the Expanda 17.56.2OB and have enjoyed looking at this forum for ideas. I thought I would throw up the ideas and the mods I have done on my van. Thank you

Fitted twin cooling fan 5600w inverter in battery storage area, also fitted dual battery to work microwave and Thermomix, toaster and kettle off grid.View attachment 46720 View attachment 46721
fitted inverter power outlet under exhaust fan area(upper), and fitted 240volt outlet for thermomix.Lower
View attachment 46722 fitted inverter power outlet under sink for microwave to run off grid. This can be swopped over to the 240v power plug on the other side of the sink cupboard.
View attachment 46723 fitted remote for inverter on/off switch above solar regulator
View attachment 46724 fitted twin water filters under sink for drinking water. Water tastes like bottled water from the tanks, works great with two.
View attachment 46725 fitted drinking water extra outlet near std tap
View attachment 46726 fitted extra light under top bunk for games or reading in kids retreat area and lower bunk
View attachment 46727 fitted tea towel rail
View attachment 46728 carried out mod to cutlery draw can open without opening cupboard first.
View attachment 46729 fitted Bunnings soft closing draw rails to all draws
View attachment 46730 moved gas bottles back 50mmView attachment 46731 fitted gulwing box on front and cut out rear of box slightly to fit around gas bottles.
and powder coated it.
View attachment 46732
made storage box lh rear
View attachment 46733 storage box for shoes
View attachment 46734 storage box rh front
View attachment 46735 storage box rh rear with mud flap extensions fitted for stopping stone chipping rear bumper
View attachment 46736 rh rear boxView attachment 46737checker plate to stop stone chips on rear bumper
Ive got a 5000w peak inverter and 2 x 120ah batteries and the microwave gives those batteries a massive hiding. The inverter will run the aircon, but I think it would liquefy those batteries

Be interested to see how you find it

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Kman

Dec 18, 2016
Perth
Ive got a 5000w peak inverter and 2 x 120ah batteries and the microwave gives those batteries a massive hiding. The inverter will run the aircon, but I think it would liquefy those batteries

Be interested to see how you find it
Only run the microwave or Thermomix one at a time. I will not run the a/c off the inverter. The Microwave has been fine.

Reactions: bigcol

Kman

Dec 18, 2016
Perth
I want to book you in for some work in Victoria i should be able to arrange a few van vans so you'll be very busy i have to take 10% as prinsapal contractor im sure we can work somthing out LOL
just got home, If you need to talk about box, Thanks

Reactions: Bluey