Millard Horizon mods

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
Having some time on my hands, I've started a few mods on the van and making a list of a few others as future projects. Current ones on the go are:
1. moving a 4 inch pole holder from front to rear.
2. fit a 6 inch pole holder to A-frame.
3. as a result of mod 2, I now need to move gas regulator from mounting on rear of cylinders to front of cylinders. Also, have to move tap on A-frame as it now interferes with fitting the 6 inch pole carrier.
4. Extend the rear bumper to allow fitment of the 4 inch pole holder.
5. replace current halogen and circular fluoro lights with LED lights.
6. fit a second chain.
7. install a stereo
8. The major project for this year - install a house battery and associated equipment. My goal is to be able to do one or two nights free camping if the opportunity arises on future trips.

Curryhouse

Apr 8, 2012
Newcastle
I've managed to do some of the mods on my list;
Relocated the gas regulator - intend to make up a simple shield to fit round the regulator to protect from stones etc. Had to order a new gas hose as the original one did not stretch far enough.
Relocated the tap.
Fitted a 6" pole carrier (now lockable) on the front.
Moved the original pole carrier to the rear bumper.
Millard_01.jpg Millard_02.jpg Millard_03.jpg
Bought the chain (just need to get my hands on a welder. Oh yeah, and learn to weld...)
Got a quote for house battery system supply & install (not much change out of a couple of thousand dollars).

Making some progress. The only problem is I keep reading posts on this forum and finding clever ideas for van mods. Keeps me occupied if nothing else. ;)