17' Series Mains pressure issue

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
We seem to have a water pressure issue when on mains. The external shower virtually dribbles out, the internal shower is average and the tap is poor. When running off the pump it's operates as it should, plenty of pressure and volume on all outlets.

I have removed the external connector van side, I thought the non return valve was playing up but it didn't seem to be, the system can pressurise however drops off pretty quick when turned on. Also the hot water temp is pretty low....

Another thought is the pressure reducer / regulator. Might consider simply bypassing it....

Any ideas, it's driving us insane.

Last edited:

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Does your hose have one of those connectors that shut the water off when nothing is connected to it?
Sometimes they are quite specific to the same branded attachments and will not fully open when connected.
If it is this type, change it to one that allows the water to run with nothing connected to it. Make sure you change both ends.
Just a thought.

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
Does your hose have one of those connectors that shut the water off when nothing is connected to it?
Sometimes they are quite specific to the same branded attachments and will not fully open when connected.
If it is this type, change it to one that allows the water to run with nothing connected to it. Make sure you change both ends.
Just a thought.

No it doesn't Turtle, I also tried running it with a connection off an old Eagle which was straight through on both the hose and the a van. Did not make any difference either way.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
image.jpg
Try pulling the pressure reducing non return valve apart and have a look at it.
I don't think anything can affect the pressure part of the setup, but I have had problems with the non return valve being forced with that much pressure that it has become jammed shut and won't let water past at all.
I suppose it could partially jam and restruct your flow.
You'll need a couple of shifters and some circlip pliers. You will see how it has been forced further than it should go and you can gently force it back by sitting it on a flat surface and pushing down in the right direction.
That's realy about the only other thing I can think it could be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Racer