16' Series Looking for some advice

Thommo

May 27, 2017
Melbourne
Hi, We have a 2 year old Expanda and just recently the stove top lid has a terrible squeak every time you open and close it. We have tried all lubricants but nothing has stopped it. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same and what fixed it? Also the chrome along the stove top has completely come away and we have barely used it. Any tips?
Thank you

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
ouch

do you have a photo of it?

so the combined brains trust can have a go at making a few "good" suggestions...........

only thing I could think of "squeaking" would be the safety valve for the Gas.........
like fat or dirt has gotten in there..........
dirty water from washing down the top........ etc........

as for the chrome.......... nope, no eye deer...............

Reactions: dagree and Drover

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @Thommo,
have you checked whether the stove is still under warranty? Even if it isn't, it might be worth seeing if Jayco / Dometic will fix it. More likely if you mention that you are concerned it could be a safety issue around the functioning of the gas cut off valve!

cheers
Mike

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Not completely sure about the 'chrome' , but our last van (a swan) had the black bubbling and peeling off around the stove. I sanded it back and repainted with an enamel that was also good at high temps. You could see if you can get some in the same colour you need.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol