looking at a new van Journey 21.66-3 OB VS Silverline 21.65-3 OB

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
went to jayco on the weekend for another look looking at the Journey with the small boot spoke with the dealer as of a couple of weeks ago its now a option to upgrade and extend the draw bar for $250 and add the front locker box for about $2,000

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
Yes $248 for extended Drawbar. Don't know what this locker box is you're talking about. Are you talking about the massive slideout storage box that goes in the front boot?

Brente1982

Oct 7, 2019
Epping
You mean the large box on the alterrain? Not sure how that would work on a Journey with the gas bottle pocket and plastic cover.

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
Oh yes alterain that's what I get for answering late at night anyway they will replace the gas bottle cover and add the alterain box with the gas bottles at the front of the box i am not sure if the jerry can holders are an extra no doubt they are knowing jayco

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ask them for a current weigh docket for your van so you know how much extra you need to throw on the back............. If they supply a weigh ticket then buy a Lotto ticket straight away as you will be on a roll.

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
Actually I was wondering what the actual load would drop down to that you would be able to put in before you go over

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You won't know unless the day you get it and put it on some scales, this will show you how much you have left on your axles (GTM) and how much you have on your tow ball, add the tow ball and axle weight together and subtract it from the plated ATM and that will give you the amount you have left before you pop the scales on your ATM for van............................ the tare weight marked on the plate unless you are very lucky won't be correct and shouldn't even be bothered with.... ATM and GTM are the important ones......

Most vans state either a 400 or 600kg load, which doesn't include water, gas and any extras that is fitted by the dealer, some have found while their van is under the ATM a fridge full of food puts them over................ I have just replaced the hitch on mine and its 6kg heavier than the basic one I replaced, every little bit adds, nothing to worry about just something to keep in mind....