Electrical lights not working on 240v

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Hey All,
I'm not a frequent poster here anymore but still lurking around so please forgive that upfront.

We're heading off tomorrow for a few days; van was last out in Jan. Plugged the van into a 15amp supply here at home to cool the fridge. No power coming from car, and battery is turned off. Its dark now and remembered I left a light on earlier and went out to turn it off. Nope not on. flicking switches, nothing. Go inside and find the 15amp CB has tripped. Turn it back on and plug van in again. No lights. Microwave clock is on, fridge is cold, 240V testing plug lights up correctly from all power points. All fuses on the cetek look good, main CB in van not tripped.
Turn the battery on, lights works inside and out. (and water pump fires up too). Battery sitting on 11.98v, and when the bettery switch turns off slowly increases to 12.03v before turning the torch off and coming in to type this.

So I be thinking the cetek has crapped itself of the 240v lighting circuit (hence the house 15amp CB tripped). Is this possible?? Any other thoughts from the brains trust??

thanks
Andrew