Light at the end of the tunnel...

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
Went to Jayco Geelong today to have a look at the van before we get the call to finalise all the options......which of course fuelled the excitement!

Decided to add a few extra options I'd been tossing up for a while so we're now pretty much all set for when we get the call to finalise things, which should be in a couple of weeks time (our van is due off the line on 12 Aug).

So now we're getting the Expanda 17.56-1 with the following options:
- upgraded fridge to 150L RM2553
- oven underneath stove/grill
- microwave above sink
- Roof-mounted aircon (B2200)
- Add-a-room (annex for awning)
- privacy screens to both beds
- Wynguard roof-mounted TV aerial
- AL-KO drop jacks (in lieu of standard wind down)
- additional power point under small table/lower bunk
- additional TV point on outside of van
- twin gas bottles, holders & regulator
- gas bayonet fitting for BBQ

Whilst we were there I also looked at the Weight Distribution Hitches and Hayman Reese have just recently released a slightly upgraded version of their 550lb model (which is now a 600lb model). Slightly different looking hitch but does the exact same thing as the older 550lb model....and is the same price - I think HR are superseeding the 550 with the 600 as they said once stocks of the 550 are gone the 600 will become the norm.
For more info about this here is a PDF:
http://www.caravansplus.com.au/pdf/Weight Distribution Range and Accessories-1.pdf

But for now...the waiting game continues... :)

Dave

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Some good mods for the van there you will be certainly well setup :)

The new hayman reese looks alot like the US one.

I am surprised though that they have not done anything about adding some form of a bike rack to there setups??

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
Some good mods for the van there you will be certainly well setup :)

Cheers, we hope so :)

The new hayman reese looks alot like the US one.
I am surprised though that they have not done anything about adding some form of a bike rack to there setups??
Looking on the US website I'd say they're one in the same (or very close to it).
The new model also comes standard with the connection point welded in place (actually it's all one piece, no welds), ready for the HR friction sway controller to bolt straight up to it...where the old version had to have that little connection piece welded on to the hitch if you purchased the sway controller. The US one has the same as the new 600lb model.

I wonder if they shy away from adding a bike rack because some people would be wary to add extra weight to their ball/setup....depending on their rig & van ?!?

Dave