Life After An Expanda

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
Has anyone here ever looked at upgrading to a van other than an Expanda? We are looking at upgrading from our current one and all makes and models are on the table.

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hey @Angus
I guess it depends what you are looking for? Is is the bed ends you don't like? Or is it the shear amount of silicon that Jayco use along with the requirement of knowing how to rebuild the inside of your van :mikecool: and you wanted to move away from the brand? If you were looking at moving away from the brand, have a think about this comment. I asked a caravan repair agent once (and no not affiliated with jayco) if other brands have as many issues as the Jaycos do? He said to me that if you look at the market share that Jayco have and compare the market share of the other brands, that in his opinion, all brands probably have around the same amount of faults its just with Jayco you hear more about their faults again because of the market share that Jayco have. He also mentioned to me that Jayco are MUCH better at covering issues outside the warranty period than the other brands.

Just food for thought. Im not trying to sway your judgement one way or another but just trying to give you as much information as possible to help make your decsion harder... LOL

Good luck in making it. Its not an easy one.
oh and as @cruza driver said... are there other brands out there??? :rockon:
Cheers
Ants

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
We went from a 16.49-2 Outback to a 20.62-3 Starcraft and love it.
The Expanda was of course brilliant (one of the first hardlids and we had it for 5 years) and the bigger van meant bigger tug.
But the single bed setup we opted for kept the floor space (front to rear) we were used to in the Expanda.
Sticking with Jayco for us meant good value and unbeatable resale.
Cheers
Andrew

Reactions: Stan Lee

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
But Brad, imagine Expandas years away, they will probably have that 90 deg bed you have been after and no canvas. Could be Silverline Expanda with electric slideout beds each end and comfy mattress':).

You are a visionary!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
But Brad, imagine Expandas years away, they will probably have that 90 deg bed you have been after and no canvas. Could be Silverline Expanda with electric slideout beds each end and comfy mattress':).
Ahh yes very true.... The long term plan to move to the dark side may be saved still.